Eli's Senior Project

Tanked;1063423 wrote: Hey Eli this project sounds awesome! I wish i had an idea like this while i was in school. I am brand new to this hobby and am setting up my first tank now. it will be a FOWLR. If i have any left over rock i would be happy to donate it if its still needed. is there anything else you still need? PM me, I would happy to help in anyway possible!

Thanks man, everything has been going well. Interested to see your FOWLR

Started the thread the other day here is the link if you want to check out what i have so far.
showthread.php

:thewave: I salute you for "Trouts in the Classroom". I couldn't post in the thread. The world needs more people like you Eli. Thanks for what you are doing to help educate the younger generations. We the younger students see that your still in high school and you are doing all of this; I truly believe that you will have the younger students getting involved in Making a Difference. Congratulations on your accomplishments so far.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1063727 wrote: :thewave: I salute you for "Trouts in the Classroom". I couldn't post in the thread. The world needs more people like you Eli. Thanks for what you are doing to help educate the younger generations. We the younger students see that your still in high school and you are doing all of this; I truly believe that you will have the younger students getting involved in Making a Difference. Congratulations on your accomplishments so far.

Wannabee

Well said!

Thanks for the kind words guys :) I love the hobby so it's only natural I'd want to get other people into it as well :)

The fish room has come a long way since the beginning of the project, and I'm constantly wanting to add new things to diversify the systems :D

Some current pictures of the corals/nems and a pic of the room to date

Well guys, its been a long time. I fixed my tank, and installed a new lighting rack. Over the latest snow I had a heater bust, causing my tank to drop below 70. I think I ended up losing 80% of my sps. Due to the setbacks, I think I'm going to go ahead and sell all the donated coral to donate to the charity.

On the bright side, I got accepted to my dream college (Berea College), so I'm going to be selling all my personal livestock and equipment to go towards my college fund.

Thank's for the help guys. It might not have gone to plan, but its been a good learning expierence.

Back