enough live rock for a while?

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I am getting ready to upgrade to a 90G tank this week, and only have 70LBS of good live rock that is in my 46G. I bought some live rock when I got it but in the midst of moving the tank and getting it ready for the 2.5 hour trip I forgot to put the bucket of live rock in the cab of the truck. Lets just say 3 hours of rock being at 30 degrees kills it pretty quickly.

So I have that bucket cycling again, andf got a reading of 8PPM of ammonia today:confused2:

So my question is do you think I am ok using the good rock I do have in the 90 untill that rock cycles? Probably another 2 weeks or so before it is ready I would day.

It also doesnt help that I just bought a TON of stuff off of jesse that is still a little stressed out.

My plan is to move the 46G about 5 feet from where it is, get it back running as normal, and then set up the 90 over the coarse of a few days. I don't have enough storage room for water so I need to fill the tank slowly with RO.

hey, you got all the stuff from him that i wanted! :O) how's that chalise?
mike

the chalice is doing great. I just need to get the new tank going so I can secure it. F'in snails and crabs keep knocking it down like the rest of my frags.

do you ever have any frags of anything? it's hard to find people in the area into saltwater and it's a pain to go to atl...
mike

I have a decent amount right now, and can make more. Nothing crazy like Jin or anything but I have some. PM me so we can keep this thread on track.

I'll be using an elos ns 1000 skimmer and a dsb in the fuge with 5 different macro algaes. Also a phosban reactor. Also throwing in some biodigest.

Back