external overflow

warloc4326

Reaction score
It has been about 8 months since I've had my tank up and running. I've just finished the custom stand and canopy (yes pictures will come shortly). I have a 38g display with a 29g refugium. I hooked up the external overflow and it's loud. I never remembered it being this loud. Sounds like it's chugging water continuously. I have a simple cylinder sponge on it atm to help with collecting any detritus etc that I've stirred up while putting the rock in. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I can't sleep at the moment. Also, same pump and overflow and it seems like these days the pump is stronger than i remember and looks like it's going to overflow the tank. I'm thinking the overflow is the culprit. Any suggestions? and no going to a pre drilled tank is not an option.

They don't have em... Already thought of that one lol. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow... not like shutting down the system will really hurt anything since it's just starting up... Good thing though is the rock is fully cured. It will be a bit of time coming until it's stocked. First inhabitant is a golden angel.

put a piece of tubing down the drian hole. You may need to adjust how far it goes down but letting air in through the tube will help.

Back