Fish aggression

sn4k33y3z

Market
Reaction score
So I just got back from getting married in Jamaica. When I returned, my female paired clown fish and my yellow eye kole tang are fighting off and on. My tank sitter wasn't able to stop in for 3 days and the fish went without food. The two fish have been fine together up till this point. My question is, do I ride this out and get them back on their normal feeding pattern? Anyone else exprience this? Thanks!

They are just jealous. :)

My guess is that the change in feeding caused the aggression. I would try getting things back to a normal schedule. If that doesn't work try changing up the rock a bit.

My female clown and kole have issues too. I've thought about getting rid of the kole but it's been better for a while now.

I'd say go back to regular feelings and see if things change.

Thanks for the responses (Rich your always good for a laugh). Same thing I was told from another hobbyist. It's reassuring when you get the same feedback lol (which is rare in this hobby). I was also concerned about the kole tang being stressed and breaking out with ich. At what point or cost do you remove one of the fish?

HiImSean;972418 wrote:
I'd say go back to regular feelings and see if things change.

Too late. He just said he got married in Jamaica. He will never feel the same again. :)

Sn4k33y3z;972423 wrote: Thanks for the responses (Rich your always good for a laugh). Same thing I was told from another hobbyist. It's reassuring when you get the same feedback lol (which is rare in this hobby). I was also concerned about the kole tang being stressed and breaking out with ich. At what point or cost do you remove one of the fish?

Geez man, next time you leave reach out. I have a few spare auto feeders you could have used.

rdnelson99;972430 wrote: Too late. He just said he got married in Jamaica. He will never feel the same again. :)

True indeed!

Jesse- thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it next time. With the wedding and everything else that's goes on with that, I had just too much on my plate. Another reefer really stepped up and looked after the tank while I was gone. Leaving for a eight days with a reef tank is quit a stressor.
Nonetheless, I learned the a change in feeding habit (three short days) is enough to create aggression LOL.

Wow... I won't have much longer before the kole tang is a goner. I can't catch each either fish. This is really sad to watch.

Clown should be easy. Do you have a trap? If not, again, come and get mine.

Jesse are you working in Alpharetta tomorrow by any chance? I've caught her once but am not having the same luck this time around. Then again, she did kick the **** out of a tang and what's standard about that lol.

Could be the clowns decided to try to start a family of their own while you were gone

It's hard to say. The only change was, while I was out of town they didn't get fed for three days. This is the second time I've had an aggression issue with this clown. Might be time to go.

Back