GBTA vs Frogspawn! Who wins this battle?

budsreef

Market
Reaction score
The one coral I worried about when I put a GBTA in the tank was my Frogspawn. When I got it, it only had two heads and now has at least ten so I wouldn't want to loose it. The anenome took up residence right next to it and it looks like when they touch tentacles the anenome is the one that jerks away. Now I'm a little concerned for the BTA. Is the sting of a Frogspawn stronger than a BTA? Will the BTA move since obviously the Frogspawn can't? Inputs are appreciated.

GBTA will win from my experience...I had a froggie near one of my nems forever and my Froggie didnt do so well. But neither killed the other and overall I didnt see many negative side effects. Sorry I dont have an exact answer but I wouldnt be to concerned.

Sounds like its a "BAAATTTLEEE----ROOOYAAALLL!!!! Maybe you can put a small cage in the tank and charge admission to the "Cage Fight to the Death"!

But seriously...I'd imagine if the GBTA is unhappy it will move.

Obviously the Frogspawn can't move, but the nem can but has decided not to. At one point one of the tentacles of the Frogspawn had ahold of the nem and wouldn't let go untill the nem really pulled away stretching the Frogspawn tentacle way out.

My RBTA moved itself right into the middle of a patch of GSP. I don't care about the GSP but I was worried about the BTA until I noticed that their tenticles touch and neither seem to mind. I was real surprised the rest of my corals live in fear.

I had this one on a rock loaded with zoas. Once I took it out the zoas started opening again. The advantage of colonial organisms, as long as they are attached the open ones probably kept the closed up ones alive all that time.

flyingarmy;147877 wrote: Now if Bud had a Leather....it would definitely have died!

That's really cold, man! I'll have you know thanks to the generosity of two other members, Sammy and Jin, I now have two Yellow Fiji Leathers and they are both doing great!:thumbs:

Back