Half moon angel with velvet

skck2011

Reaction score
I bought a half moon today because he was going to die. I felt sorry for him. I got him for 75% off. He is eating brine shrimp. He is in a 16 gallon by hisself in quarintine. Any suggestions?

Go here:
general.cfm

That's not velvet. Velvet attacks the gills and lungs and generally isn't seen until it's to late. You might try using Stress Coat to see if it gets better. It will help the fish develop it's own slime coat.

Stress Coat and Melafix are crap (sorry, Jeff...).

Post some pictures, we might be able to identify what it is. If it's Oodinium or Amyloodinium, if you aren't treating it with real medicine, the fish will be dead soon (if it isn't already).

Why on earth would you buy a sick fish? Or why would a store sell it? If a store isn't willing to treat a sick fish, you should rethink patronizing that store, in my opinion.

Jenn

JennM;1005246 wrote: Stress Coat and Melafix are crap (sorry, Jeff...).

Post some pictures, we might be able to identify what it is. If it's Oodinium or Amyloodinium, if you aren't treating it with real medicine, the fish will be dead soon (if it isn't already).

Why on earth would you buy a sick fish? Or why would a store sell it? If a store isn't willing to treat a sick fish, you should rethink patronizing that store, in my opinion.

Jenn

No offense taken. I was hoping you'd chime in. I was just taking a stab at it.

Back