Help with new thing growing.

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
I have found a few of these growing on my new rocks can you help with telling me what they are and id they are good or bad.:thumbs: :boo:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
123931=7602-myst.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
123931=7602-myst.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="myst.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

They look like majano......they spread readily....not something you want in a reef tank. Do a search on them for remedies (Joes juice).

saltwater junky;123957 wrote: cold lemon juice and a needle works just as good

I second this approach. It kills them instantly. Get an insulin needle from the local pharmacy and inject into the body of the nem.

This stuff either the lemon jucie or the joe's juice wont hurt any thing else in the tank will it?

its such a small amount it wont hurt any thing just keep your power heads on. lemon juice is a lot cheaper than joes juice

nope.

(don't let it get on anything, though)

The only problem in injecting, is that the anemone can quickly disappear into the rock and sometimes they are in hard to reach places. You might try both aproaches as you see more. But either one should work.

As of this morning I no longer have them in my tank. That is I don't see any more in my tank. Thanks for letting me know what they were and how to get rid of them.

Back