How manny led's is two much for moon lighting???

wt*jayjay

Market
Reaction score
so im looking into getting a 48'' t5 ho 4x54wat nova extreme for my 55.

that moddle doesnt come with moon lights so im going to rigg up my own.

was at lows today and picked up two 18" fixtures that have 22leds each. just thought id throw them over my cichlid tank to see how it looks. it actually makes a great nightlight and doesnt seem to bright at all. just want some input on if you think that manny lights is too much. seeing that most fixtures that come with moon lights only have like 3-8leds on them. ill get some pictures up in a few.

sorry for the crappy iphone pics

day lights; 2 48'' t8 10k ocean suns

img0458mi.jpg
alt="" /></a>
w640.png
alt="" /></a>

night leds; 42 leds total

img0456r.jpg
alt="" /></a>
w640.png
alt="" /></a>

Depends on what kind.

My 48" T5 fixture had 4, and I didn't think it was quite bright enough. I could see that they were on, but couldn't see much of anything in the tank.

My 24" fixture over my Aquapod has 12 (6 white, 6 blue, 3 per side). It's way too much and since it's in my bedroom, I have to turn it off to sleep. It's on a timer so it's off by 11 or so.

If you don't think it's too bright, then you're probably good, but why not just throw the lights on a timer so that there are still periods of total darkness.

yeah, they would be on a timmer either way, but wouldnt be a bad idea to have a few hours of total darkness.

oh and btw the 55 pictured im turning into my reef tank and useing the nova extreme with possibly with those leds.

and the red devil and sucker are goin in my 125 with an oscar.

i think its just the exteme pro that has them. this is the one im looking at getting.

a>

Well going by the manual posted, it should have the 4 lunar lights. That looks to be the same model I had, and the price is the same. Also, the model 1122 is listed on the buy page, and matches the manual.

a>

yeah actually i noticed that too lol, buttt i cant find anywhere that says that modle has them, only pro is listed to have them anywhere ive found it to be sold. ha but either way, how did you like yours over all? and were the moon lights decent?

I have some awsome moon lights from Autozone. Picked up a pair of blue led fog lights for a car hooked them up to an old transformer I had laying around. Walla. Heres the link for you. These are almost the same besides the price and color mine where under $20.
.f

Back