How many Radions for a 90 cube.

john_shay

Market
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just picked up a 90g cube tank and I'm curious of how many Radion XR30s it will take to light it, I have never had Radions (AI sols last time, 3 on a 120) and because its a cube I am hoping I can get away with just one. Opinions? Alternatives? Suggestions?
Thanks,

john_shay;985832 wrote: do you have any that you are running? if so, on what size tank?

I will be setting up a 250 sometime soon:). I am going to run 2 Radions and 6 t5s

The actual coverage is 24x24" per unit. So with one you're looking at having much less coverage towards the outside of the tank, which is fine, depending on what corals you want to keep.

john_shay;985834 wrote: Whoa... you have a build thread up?

Not yet, but if you click on the link below, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel. I will be posting videos of my progress soon.

JDavid;985835 wrote: The actual coverage is 24x24" per unit. So with one you're looking at having much less coverage towards the outside of the tank, which is fine, depending on what corals you want to keep.

+1
I think so too unless you want on all SPS then not!

if you get the G1 or G2 units they only cover 24x24 but the G3 units cover a 30x30 area and have a good bit more punch to them so i think if you were to get 1 G3 pro you would be set to keep any kind of coral you want.

Back