How much flow?

Well from overflow to sumo then back up with pump. Im just making sure it will be ok and dont need larger before I go to cutting on it tomorrow.

I believe a 1 inch drain can handle around 700-800gph depending on your setup. Maybe a little more. The actual flow will depend on your return pump. For instance, if the drain can handle 700 gph, but your return pump is only putting out 500gph, then your flow is 500gph. Personally, I have two 1 inch drains and a retun pump that's pushing right about 700gph. This way, either drain can handle my return, but together they are really quiet.

I would go ahead and drill a 1.5 and shrink it down with the plumbing, if needed. Let it flow as free as possible to keep it from trapping air.

A 1.5 inch drain can handle a boat load more than a 1 inch. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know it's not an even ratio (i.e. a 1.5 can handle 50% more than a 1). If you're worried about air, you can do what I did and put a "tee" at the end with one part out of the water, capped with a hole drilled for air. Probably doesn't make much sense when you hear it, but I'll send pics if you need it.

Back