How to introduce a new fish...?

raisingtwo2006

Market
Reaction score
Ok.. I went out and got a small maroon clown to put in the 90 from Petco..I've been wanting him for about two weeks now, and I think he's big enough so the puffer won't eat him... So, How do I introduce him so that he doesn't get picked on?

I've learned from experience to put the fish on the opposite side that I feed on.. and to use a different cup than the one that Sharkbait's food comes out of :)

What now?
He's acclimated and ready to go...

first aclimate him then do what simon would tell you to do make like 20 copies of maroons and paste them all over the glass the fish wont know what happened and let the one fish be once he is settled think that should work

should have time to get a lot of answers while clown is in QT

j/k

:D

great sudjestion with the pictures and well if you can change the aquascaping a bit (so that territories made are inturupted a bit and everyone makes new territory)and turn off lights for about 20-30 min before and leave them off for 20-30 min more once the maroon is in the tank. After that monitor a bit after he is in the tank. And then sit back and enjoy

Ok, I stuck him in last night, turned off the lights, moved the rock ((( printer stopped, so no pics for me))) and this morning, he's just swimming way up in the top corner with the molly.

No one is bothering him..except the other maroon.. .How dare that little intruder come close to his Condi!!??

Something like "Mavrick this is (place name here), Sharkbait this is (place name here). lol Another thing to consider since the new clown is smaller Mavrick could eventually become a Mavrina (or place name here). Jeff

Um you didn't say there was already a maroon clown in the tank... That's much more of an issue than a resident puffer.

Unless you get very lucky, the new maroon could very well end up dead.

LOL.. Jeff, you're a mess! Would the new clown change sex, or the bigger one? Mavrina, that's too funny..

Future- The maroon that we had already hasn't seemed to bother him yet, but they are on completly opposite sides of the tank... I am trying to watch them pretty close.. I didn't know how the other clown would do, but I do know that the puffer has eaten his 40 dollars worth of fish already :(

You guys think that when I get that BTA from Fester next week that the new guy will be fine in it?

Well if it didn't kill the newcomer instantly then you did get lucky :).

Is the newcomer larger or smaller than the resident?

Also, if they're both females they will never match up and the weaker one will eventually be killed. If your resident one has been in there by itself for over a month its probably a female by now.

Pairing maroons up is one of the harder things to do. It usually requires some foresight and planning to be successful. So far you've been lucky and I have a feeling that will continue. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good :).

Lucky is my middle name :)

Just wish I was the same way with the lottery.. I was one number high on 4 of the numbers this 330 million draw!!

Anyway... The big one was in there by himself for about 2 months now.. And the new one is about half of the size as the one we had. The new one has been in a tank at Petco with 3 other little maroons for 3 weeks that I know of.

Oh, and since I moved his Condi to a new spot, the little guy has been left completly alone.. He's swimming up in the tippiest toppiest part of the tank by the heater.

Back