how to make zoas grow

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
what do you guys do/feed to your zoas for them to multiply faster. squirt them with anything using a turkey baster? just fee the tank as normal and some grow better than other? nothing?

just looking for any tricks or tips to make my zoas grow as fast as possible

My zoas since I have had them (2 months) have not been spot feed at all. I feed the corals elos SVC zooplankton twice a week and nothing else. My zoas are growing like weeds. One frage of the deep green with orange eye was 8 polyps and is now 33 polyps in 6 weeks.

Your best bet is to just give them good light and leave them be. If you have fish or other critters pooping in the water teh zoas are eating fine. My only suggestion is to try different lighting intensities. Ie. Some zoos grow well with high light, while others (tubs blues, for me) grow better under less light. Also give them good flow. Zoas can handle pretty good flow, which will just bring more nutrients to them.

The only exception in my opinion is palys. Some palys can get big enough to actually eat mysis or brine, and in that case feeding them can drastically accelerate their growth (I tried it successfully with green button polyps)

But also keep in mind I am a supplement minimalist. I dont dose/feed anything that I dont feel is absolutely neccessary to help avoid any troubleshooting problems.

yeah right now all i dose in my tank is 2 part calcium and alkalinity maybe i will just see how it goes for the next couple months

Yep here is a link for the Elos food I use.

a>

I have several kinds of Zoas and I have never fed anything. Every type is a little different in growth time, but some of my fast growers will sprout a new poylp a day, some take a week or more for a new polyp.

I only keep my parameters in check

Fish;240767 wrote: I have several kinds of Zoas and I have never fed anything. Every type is a little different in growth time, but some of my fast growers will sprout a new poylp a day, some take a week or more for a new polyp.

I only keep my parameters in check

A NEW POLYP A DAY?!??! ill take a frag of that!

Scubagirl12;241233 wrote: A NEW POLYP A DAY?!??! ill take a frag of that!

One of the mine that grows that fast is form Dawgdude actually, I think its named mint chocolate zoa.

Back