January Photo Contest - Your Favorite Fish!

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
This contest is free for any supporting members! If you're not a supporting member consider joining, it's well worth it.

Please post a picture of your favorite fish on this thread. The photo must be yours and yes I know they're hard to capture but do your best. :)

Entries are closed on 1/18 and a winner will be decided by our contest committee.

The prize for this contest will be a frag of Speckled Krakatoa. One of my all time favorite zoas and always a stunner! The winner can pickup the frag at the January meeting or at my place in Suwanee if they can't make the meeting.

1546630756799.png

I hadn't considered uniqueness of the fish to be a factor but I think that'll make it more interesting so sure why not :). We'll include uniqueness as part of the judging criteria.

I hadn't considered uniqueness of the fish to be a factor but I think that'll make it more interesting so sure why not :). We'll include uniqueness as part of the judging criteria.

Man oh man - so do I post a bad photo of a whacky fish? or a good photo of an everyday fish? hmmmm.

This will give me some incentive to start figuring out how in the world to get decent photos.

Uniqueness and price are typically bed fellows. So I'm sure it'll come into play Jesse. :)

Actually, I think it would be useful if everyone would also put in a lil blurb of where they got the fish from. Every fish needs a backstory.

sharkbait.gif

A message from Buddy (the yellow clown goby fish):
"Hi, I may not be unique, but the guy that feeds me sure cares for me. He adopted me from Pure Reef a long time ago. He even had a tank custom made for me recently so a fish in my other tank wouldn't bully me. It's kind of empty though; I wish he would add more corals. A Speckled Krakatoa will make me feel a little less lonely."

YCG_Buddy.jpg

Last edited:
Back