JB's black walnut bartop stand build.

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">John that pic in the fore sale thread was right before I pulled the skimmer out @ 5 months old I just like it clean.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">I wish I would have had someone to take pictures while I was working on this thing but… Anyway some more of the ones I do have.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">
IMG_1493.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">I did the best I could with matching the grain but the panels came out of scrap left over of a large walnut job so I got the left over’s.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">Here is the stand before I added the brackets under the top.</span></span>
IMG_1479.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">I did not get enough pictures of the work that was going on because I was the one working and taking pic, lots of Saturdays and Sundays.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">Now with the brackets in place. </span></span>

IMG_1485.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

:yay: Looks fabulous! Very nice crafsmanship!

Are you going to "water-proof" it somehow? Polyeurathane?

Shrimpy Brains;543590 wrote: :yay: Looks fabulous! Very nice crafsmanship!

Are you going to "water-proof" it somehow? Polyeurathane?

<span style="font-size: 13px"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman">I used a natural stain and spar urethane for the finish. The spar urethane is good for exterior applications so it should hold up well. I put it on every exposed surface inside, outside, and upside down. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">Fully assembled at the shop minus the cove under the top.</span></span>

1116081031.jpg
alt="" />

1116081019a.jpg
alt="" />

1116081019.jpg
alt="" />

Jaycensstand.jpg
alt="" />

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">After lots of hard work and many hours the stand at the house in its final resting position.</span></span>

what a showpiece!! (excluding labor and equipment) how much do you have in the materials alone?

Rbredding;544169 wrote: what a showpiece!! (excluding labor and equipment) how much do you have in the materials alone?

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 13px">Do not remember exactly but it is in the neighborhood of 5-6 hundred dollars.</span></span>

Back