Kalk Reactor Keeping Up?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty keeping up with my ALK uptake in my tank with my kalk reactor. At the end of a day and a half the tank is always low 1.5DKH.

So.. this just means I need more kalk in the reactor .. correct?
This system is tied to my ATO which outputs ~5g / week of ATO water into the system

I the Avast Calculator to figure it out.. but apparently I didn't take something into consideration.

Right now I only have .75 cups in the reactor at a given time.

Total volume : 100g
Target DKH 9.5

I'll do more digging too, but any help is appreciated

I use 2 cups on my 180 and use 32 gallons of top off every 8-11 days. My alk stays at 8.5~

I also dose around 80ccs of calcium and alk daily via dosers.

You can add more Kalk and see what happens.

Isn't there a certain point where the water becomes so saturated that adding more kalk becomes ineffective? As in the kalkwasser mix doesn't get stronger?

I'm no where close to that point though with only 3/4 cup in my reactor;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can add as much as you want the water will continue to become saturated as the effluent is flushed out.

FF337;1055701 wrote: You can add as much as you want the water will continue to become saturated as the effluent is flushed out.

+1, might try upping the amount of Kalk in the reactor to ensure that you are getting optimum saturation of kalk in the solution. That, or up your evap. Adding kalk is easier and less of a headache tho...

I thought you were getting a CalRx? I am loving my new Geo Nano CalRx with the Carbon Doser, so easy to adjust and dial in. With that said, I also have a matching Geo Kalk Rx that I am going to run in tandem and use to top off throughout the night, I just haven't hooked it up yet.

I will eventually, but for now I'm doing a reactor . Swapping lights has my reef budget bust;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back