Killing Encrusting SPS

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
My Bad!

I'm learning the hard way where NOT to put fast growing, encrusting sps.
I've scrapped/scared them with a knife in the areas I can reach and don't want growth but I can't get to most places. Removing the rock at this time isn't possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Using either Kalk paste and boiling hot water works. SPS are super fragile and anything like that will make it RTN in that spot. I would scrape a line to mark off the area to kill off.

reef napalm works as well. just suck it up in a syringe and squirt it on the area you want to kill. (after you've turned all the pumps off)

i cover with glue if coralline algae grows fast in your tank,the glue will be covered in a couple of weeks or less.or you can just pop off the glue in a week.

Killing Encrusting SPS

Heck just give it to me, I can kill anything!

On a more serious note, I've had good luck with Acroholic's Reef Napalm and have even done a thick Kalk paste with good luck. Make sure your return pumps ( and power heads) are off. I have forget and but them on feed cycle, then they turn on and spread the stuff everywhere.

Thanks everyone, I'll try the Napaim. Anything Archolic uses or advice he gives is a definite!!! :)

I don't allow Coraline to grow on my back glass, I can't really stop it from growing on the overflow but I don't think the glue would cover or look to good....
Sewer...
It's a huge rock, probably 30 pounds. I can't take it off to give it to you but if you're interested in buying a Big rock I'll sell it to you cheap with lots of Zoas & SOS, Miami Vice, Pink Bling, Glamour Gold...
All very pretty... and yes I did make up those names ha ha!

Sewer Urchin;1002086 wrote: Heck just give it to me, I can kill anything!

On a more serious note, I've had good luck with Acroholic's Reef Napalm and have even done a thick Kalk paste with good luck. Make sure your return pumps ( and power heads) are off. I have forget and but them on feed cycle, then they turn on and spread the stuff everywhere.

Back