Leak

petrasb

Market
Reaction score
I hooked up my MRC4 last night and I have a leak at one of the 90 deg. elbows on the skimmer. Is there anything that will bond and seal a joint effectivly? I don't what to have to take it apart and send it back to manufacurer, being it is plumbed outside my sump.

Did you buy this skimmer new or used? If it's new, I'm sure Andy will take a look at for you.

If it's used, as a temporary fix, try some pipe dope (teflon stuff).

You can apply silicone to the outside of the joint if you can't take it apart... If you can take it apart and its a slip connection use pvc glue for a permanent connection. If its threaded I like to spread silicone on the threads, works better than teflon tape in this application.

MattTVI;31697 wrote: Did you buy this skimmer new or used? If it's new, I'm sure Andy will take a look at for you.

If it's used, as a temporary fix, try some pipe dope (teflon stuff).
Andy is an excellent vendor and I can tell you from experience on my 3rd-hand Nilsen reactor that he will help a purchaser of his used equipment just as much as someone who bought it new.

Well, unless the new purchasers get house calls and free massages. :D I didn't get that, but I got full support including an invitation to bring the unit up to MRC during the week to figure out the problem, if needed.

George,

Thanks for the input! Based on that, Pet, I'd call Andy up. Do it right this time to save a headache down the road... :)

thanks,

Matt

Andy recomended using super glue gel to fix the leak, just let it set for 1 hour and should be fine. I will try it tonight.

Back