MACNA 2017...Sweet

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
New Orleans club Bayou Reefkeeping just announced they are hosting MACNA 2017. Looking forward to going.

Hmmm... go to MACNA or occupy booth at Felix's Restaurant & Oyster Bar in the French Quarter for the entire stay?

Decisions, decisions. ;)

BulkRate;1095674 wrote: Hmmm... go to MACNA or occupy booth at Felix's Restaurant & Oyster Bar in the French Quarter for the entire stay?

Decisions, decisions. ;)

plenty of time for both. I will be spending a lot of time at Pat O's and the Famous Door.

Announcement ahead of schedule? I thought they normally announce this on the last day of the MACNA for that year?

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1095708 wrote: Announcement ahead of schedule? I thought they normally announce this on the last day of the MACNA for that year?

I tought so to, but looking at a thread on R2R someone posted the hosting club typically announce a week ahead of present years MACNA.

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1096369 wrote: How about having an ARC meeting @ MACNA 2017 :D :D? :yes: :yes: :) :) :) ;)

Evenbetter...Let's host MACNA 2018! :up::up::up::D:D:D

Urbanknight;1096390 wrote: Evenbetter...Let's host MACNA 2018! :up::up::up::D:D:D
Can't happen! The event is scheduled on the east coast; then the next year it goes to the west coast. And then, back to the east coast. My perception for MACNA coming to Atlanta; probably not.

Back when MACNA was in Atlanta, I believe from the little I've read here at ARC; there was a good showing of ARC members whom came out to help with MACNA back then. My perception of gauging ARC traffic: its down from a few years ago. I have seen recent posts in the New Members thread go unanswered or minimal response. The For Sales thread has been actively busy recently. So maybe everything is equal overall.

Wannabee

I contacted the MACNA committee last week and 2018 has already been decided on. I'm waiting on a response when the next available date is. :)

Hi all! We are thrilled to host MACNA 2017 in New Orleans! It's great to see so much enthusiasm here too. My name is Greg and I am one of the directors of Bayou Reefkeeping. I founded the club in March of 2011 along with a few others and we have been full steam ahead ever since to bring MACNA to New Orleans. We host an annual show called Fragniappe and we have enjoyed it a great deal the past three years. Next year it will be the fourth annual Fragniappe in March and MACNA at the end of August!

MACNA 2017 Full Conference Passes are still starting at $99 for a few more days!

Get your pass soon before the price goes up!

http://www.macnaconference.org/2017/registration/">http://www.macnaconference.org/2017/registration/</a>

I will be posting here regularly over the next year.

Here's more detailed information via our initial press release:

[IMG]http://bayoureefkeeping.com/public/style_images/master/macna_2017_web_logo.png alt="" />

Marine Aquarium Conference of North America 2017 (MACNA®) to be hosted in New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans, LA – August 29, 2016 – Bayou Reefkeeping (BRK) is elated to announce that MACNA® 2017 will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana August 25th-27th, 2017 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and Hilton Riverside Hotel.

MACNA® is proudly sponsored by: Aquaforest, Deepwater Distribution, Maxspect International, Central Pets, Coral Vue, Reef Nutrition, eShopps, and more!

MACNA® is widely considered to be the top conference and trade show in the marine aquarium industry. MACNA® attracts attendees from all over the world that come to see the industry’s newest product offerings from the top manufacturers in the industry and interact with some of the brightest minds in the marine aquarium hobby.

MACNA® is currently in its 29th year and 2017 will mark its first trip to the great state of Louisiana, the heart of the Gulf Coast region. For more information regarding MACNA® 2017, please visit http://www.macnaconference.org/2017">www.macnaconference.org/2017</a>.

BRK is a registered 501(c)(7) non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting the local aquarium hobby through educational outreach, fostering new hobbyists, and furthering the advancement of captive bred marine life.

MACNA® is a registered trademark of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA). For more details about MASNA and its member clubs, please visit [IMG]http://www.masna.org">www.masna.org</a>.

Adam Clayton – MACNA® 2017 Co-Chair – [IMG]mailto:AdamC@nolamacna.com">AdamC@nolamacna.com</a>
Jeff Walker – MACNA® 2017 Co-Chair – [IMG]mailto:JeffW@nolamacna.com">JeffW@nolamacna.com</a>

Hey Greg,
We are glad to have you part of the ARC. After reading your info, I'm trying to make plans for this event.

Fishlips;1097764 wrote: Hey Greg,
We are glad to have you part of the ARC. After reading your info, I'm trying to make plans for this event.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to be here! If we can help in any way with plans then let me know!

watch

I'm gettin' hungry after watching that video. I say we move MACNA in New Orleans up to next weekend. :yes: :yes: We don't need to wait a year. Heck; we'll just have a Pre-MACNA next weekend if we can't move the entire event to next weekend.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1097817 wrote: I'm gettin' hungry after watching that video. I say we move MACNA in New Orleans up to next weekend. :yes: :yes: We don't need to wait a year. Heck; we'll just have a Pre-MACNA next weekend if we can't move the entire event to next weekend.

Wannabee

Sounds good! Can we call it Mini-Mac?

Back