Marine velvet

I’m actually at Rit’s place on my lunch break - indeed he has Furan, General Cure, Kana, Metro, even a bottle of Rally. Only thing I didn’t spot was copper... but he probably has it somewhere in there lol

I’m actually at Rit’s place on my lunch break - indeed he has Furan, General Cure, Kana, Metro, even a bottle of Rally. Only thing I didn’t spot was copper... but he probably has it somewhere in there lol
Today's the day bobby. Let me know when you get back home and I'll walk over. :)

One good thing out all this is that if you wanna call it that is blacking out my tank since sunday caused my dinos problem to disappear ive also been dosing microbacter 7 as i read this helped people with dinos now i have to see if they will pop back up when i put the lights on a schedule again it sure its tough looking at this tank with nothing but inverts gonna be a long 9 weeks:(

Depending on the tank size and how many inverts you have in there, you may want to add some food in there. There isn't anything for them to scavenge and that is what I did when I went through my fallow period. It was fun watching the crabs come out to eat the pellets that I dropped by the end of the time, They were everywhere.

Depending on the tank size and how many inverts you have in there, you may want to add some food in there. There isn't anything for them to scavenge and that is what I did when I went through my fallow period. It was fun watching the crabs come out to eat the pellets that I dropped by the end of the time, They were everywhere.
yea thats what ive been doin feeding every other day i think i wasnt feeding enough food at first

my fallow will be over in the next week i wanted to go 76 days to rule out the longest strain of ich too but im growing very impatient lol so should i add 2 fish a week back into the DT? dont wanna dump them all in at once cause im really sure i had 6 fish before velvet hit does good bacteria die off if your fish bioload disappears? ive done my best to ghost feed the tank

With your water volume, I think you’ll be alright. You could always drop in a bit of Bio Spira. I put all mine back in the DT at once, but I only had 4 juveniles.

Well it looks like i will be adding all the fish this friday most likely accept 1 carberryi anthias i have 2 and one isn't coming out to eat anymore hes just hiding and breathing heavily i put him in his own 10g tank to try and help maybe hes just weak but i dunno if hes gonna make it

So I've added the two tomato Clownfish and coral beauty into the dt this morning I suspect I will know rather shortly if my fallow period was long enough lol but I think velvet should be long gone by now

I plan to add the rest over the weekend if they all are doing well in the DT by Sunday

so far ive added all the fish except the rabbit fish and 1 carberryi anthias didn't make it through QT so in my DT theres 2 tomato clownfish 1 carberryi anthias 1 coral beauty and 1 yellow tang all eating really well i will add the rabbitfish tonight when the lights go out most likely

and ive noticed the dinos are starting to come back and ive got a few spots with hair algae but i would rather deal with algae then marine velvet any day lol

Back