Matt's Nuvo Nano 16 journal

matt7

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This will be 2nd marine tank, a nuvo nano 16 gallon aquarium, as the title suggests. Well after about 3 weeks of cycling I took my readings for today and WE ARE DONEEE!
ammonia: 0
nitrites: 0
nitrates: 10

I think it went so quickly because I seeded the tank with about 5 lbs of rock from my 120 gallon.

So I'm thinking a 50% w/c within the next few days here and then the first inhabitants can join the party!I'm starting to take a look at what I could get in here, and would love any suggestions! Here's the specs.

lighting: 3 of the innovative marine 8 watt skkyelight clamp lights.
flow: 2 marineland mini jet 404s (152 GPH each, with the spin stream nozzles.
filtration: 3 mechanical sponges, 3 phosphate sponges, 3 carbon sponges, 250 mL of matrix, 100 mL of purigen, a few fine filter pads, about 15-20 lbs of now live rock, and a small fuge. (need to pickup some chaeto for this).
planned stocking: open for suggestions. all that I would like for sure in this tank is a pair of clowns, and maybe a 'nem, but open to anything you guys would suggest :)

thanks a ton and here's some pictures of what I have running currently!

7073C34F-BF85-4105-9CAC-14FBF23C0941_zpsrbz2r3ub.jpg
alt="" /></a>

9348AADF-FDA3-49B4-BB32-FBCE36B7B757_zpsmnofcudc.jpg
alt="" /></a>

1DAFB60C-E8F6-4C68-82B0-4140003AAC0F_zpsgtfcs3rm.jpg
alt="" /></a>

683EEC50-CEBE-4A23-B3C1-D1C345DD68FA_zpsinwhgqj9.jpg
alt="" /></a>

before cycling began and before 3rd light:

734C17CC-BFAE-4E49-800F-2A2F58DE3319_zpsybnwfnz6.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Nice aqua scape. A yasha and pistol would fit right in with the clown pair. If the bubble nem made a home on the rock to the left the archway would look amazing covered in zoanthids.

straydog;968633 wrote: Nice aqua scape. A yasha and pistol would fit right in with the clown pair. If the bubble nem made a home on the rock to the left the archway would look amazing covered in zoanthids.

+1 all thought you should wait ATLEAST 5 months before getting a nem.... found out that hard way.

alright! so I submitted an order for a few things on liveaquaria. I got some fish, and it got my cuc. some of the fish will go into my 120 for the time being so I don't overload this tank all at once. it's gonna be a surprise as to what I got until it gets here then I'll put pics up :p

Wait sorry of you already answered my question. It why did you take one of the lights off?

it slows it a little but not too much. and I didn't take it off, I added it.

Oh sorry got the pics mixed up haha. What fish did you get? Do you think you could share with us the livestock you will have in this tank?

what came today was hermits, snails, and a few fish. 1 of a percula pair other came dead, a high fun banded goby with red banded pistol, a dead tanakas Pygmy wrasse, and a Banggai cardinal

Wait so some of it came in dead? Wow what a bummer. They have a gurantee if it comes DOA don't they?

yeah they do, so I ordered some more of them. too bad they came dead, but at least I'm not overloading the tank if you wanna look at it that way lol. I also moved a few coral frags from my 120 up here to see how they do. a small 3 head frog spawn which has already grown a lot actually, a 2 headed hammer, a frag of my birdsnest (this stuff grows like there's no tomorrow in my 120), and a 20 polyp eagle eye zoa frag.

got a few more things. got another percula, got the tanakas Pygmy, and the goby decided he was gonna jump so I got an orange spotted goby to pair with my pistol

Matt7;974114 wrote: got a few more things. got another percula, got the tanakas Pygmy, and the goby decided he was gonna jump so I got an orange spotted goby to pair with my pistol

Any pics?

Here's another pic of the tank the fish are being hidy haha so couldn't manage to snap one of them

F47E8DC9-22C2-419A-95D6-9AB5A8765158_zpsgzjhp9lu.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Awesome. Im thinking about getting one of these myself...lol

perculas disappeared.. :( will hold off on that respect for a bit then. added a nice colony of blue tubbs zoas (thank you grant).

Any pics of the pigmy wrass? I wanted the white banded pigmy wrass and had a store ordering pigmy wrasses for me for a while but he couldn't get one in for me.

Back