Metal Halide Bulb ?

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Wondering what all the halide users favorite bulbs to use are? I'm also curious to know if anyone can provide the name of a Japanese company that makes/made a really ugly bulb but grew SPS like crazy, or so I've heard. Has anyone every used this bulb?

grouper therapy;1064629 wrote: Iwasaki ? I think they were like 6500K . Ugly color for sure. Never ran one. Sorry.

Yes, I think that's it. Thanks for the help. Do they still make halides? I would love to test out just how well they grow sps.

Found it at bulk reef. Here's the link
a>

Radiums here 20K. Phoenix are great too, but discontinued.....

grouper therapy;1064629 wrote: Iwasaki ? I think they were like 6500K . Ugly color for sure. Never ran one. Sorry.

I tried them over my 120 before switching to LED's. Hands down the best growth I've ever had but as grouper said, UGLY. Very yellow. I supplemented with a bunch of royal blue LED's to get a pleasing color.

Maybe discontinued? But, they can be found and bought right now Ebay as I speak... About to order 2. They are still around.

You're talking about the iwasaki 6500k lamp. Phenomenal par, but needs supplementation to even out the colour and clean water; any tannins will only boost the yellow appearance.

Ushio bulbs are great quality. Their 10kk is a par monster. The 14kk comes next and is a crisp white. The 20kk after that. Made in Germany, so you get a consistent lamp.

Radium 20kk is another great lamp. Again, made in Germany, so the quality is there.

If all you're looking for is massive growth, the iwasaki or Ushio 10kk are great options. As for colour, that all depends on your taste.

Skriz;1064684 wrote: You're talking about the iwasaki 6500k lamp. Phenomenal par, but needs supplementation to even out the colour and clean water; any tannins will only boost the yellow appearance.

Ushio bulbs are great quality. Their 10kk is a par monster. The 14kk comes next and is a crisp white. The 20kk after that. Made in Germany, so you get a consistent lamp.

Radium 20kk is another great lamp. Again, made in Germany, so the quality is there.

If all you're looking for is massive growth, the iwasaki or Ushio 10kk are great options. As for colour, that all depends on your taste.

Really would like to try metal halides on a future tank. Would be fun to try out the wasaki bulbs, and see just how well coral grow. I'll look into ushio as well.

Soxx;1064680 wrote: Maybe discontinued? But, they can be found and bought right now Ebay as I speak... About to order 2. They are still around.

+1
BRS carries it as well
a>

Back