My tank upgrade!!!!

mockery

Market
Reaction score
So today is my birthday and for my birthday my parents and buying me a custom tank:yay:!!! It is going to be made by http://oceallc.com/Index.html">ocea llc</a> in alabama. 30x22x18.
I do have some question though:
Is starfire glass worth it?
What size hole should i do for the overflow and return
Where should i place the holes?

Any and all advice welcomed

Thanks

Starfire glass contains less lead and is supposed to be awesome I have never seen it in person but I suppose to answer whether it is worth it or not depends on how much they are going to charge you.

Is the starfire going to be on just the main panel or 3 panels?

I would put the holes in the upper corners 1 on the left one on the right.

I drilled 4 holes in my tank 2 returns in the corner and two drains in the middle.

My Returns are 1" and my drains are 1 1/2".

Yes starfire is worth it (I have it now) and I ordered my tank from them (Ocea) a week ago. :) Should be here in a couple more weeks.

Happy birthday! and let me know how your tank turns out from ocea, I may upgrade soon

Thanks ya'll
Loren, is starfire easier to scratch?
Darren Pm sent

Seedless Reefer;286767 wrote: Starfire glass contains less lead and is supposed to be awesome I have never seen it in person but I suppose to answer whether it is worth it or not depends on how much they are going to charge you.

I think you mean less iron, thats why its called low iron glass and it is clearer noticeably if you are using thicker glass, depends on the thickness though. So find out how thick of glass they will be using for that size tank.

When is your tank coming in? I'm in the process of getting quotes for a custom tank with similar dimensions to what you noted. Are they going to build your stand as well? I'll be going with Starphire glass, I mean, it's a custom tank, why not!?

Happy B-Day!

Happy Birthday, Colin! I can't wait to see your tank when you get it. :)

Back