New 29 biocube with pictures...

william1

Market
Reaction score
So I'm finally back into the hobby as of Oct 15th. My wife and I are running a 29 gallon biocube that we got a super deal on. Its been such a long time since I have had a chance to be on such a great forum I'm glad to be back. Im starting a sps, chalice and zoa reef. Using just basic water changes, no bio balls or refugium. I also have a small pink boobie chalice on the way and a tyree pink lemonade coming too.

Im running a skimmer in the back center compartment that I purchased from BRS. Very nice might I add. I dose a two part as well from BRS. Im running a 120 watt controllable led light. The center compartment in the back I made a custom shelf at the bottom which water has to pass through a filter block before going into the return catching large detrius, and reducing micro bubbles for the display.

Okay so on to some pictures. These are all from my phone so they are not the best.
9poi.jpg
alt="" /></a>
I did a little DIY on the canopy for my new light.
48uk.jpg
alt="" /></a>
daj3.jpg
alt="" /></a>
vfyp.jpg
alt="" /></a>
Purple Hornet zoas funny how the color changes but WOW eye popping.
qupi.jpg
alt="" /></a>
yvv5.jpg
alt="" /></a>
Wammin Watermelon in the center
kjhq.jpg
alt="" /></a>
On the left Lunar Destroyer and on the right Unkown green skirt greyish center
eqii.jpg
alt="" /></a>
Rasta zoas I'll have to get a better picture of this one. Another wow zoa.
nxvo.jpg
alt="" /></a>

straydog;928463 wrote: Tank looks great , what brand name lights are you using ?

Thanks its a off brand. $225 I didnt want to hang anything this time so like always I DIY'd it. Super snug fit and 120 watts of POWER..
d0xl.jpg
alt="" /></a>
48uk.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Nice ( I was thinking about doing the same thing to my top because the HQI lights keep it way to hot)

Back