New T-6 VHO lamps testing, PAR meter needed

roland jacques

Market
Reaction score
Im receiving some 110Watts T-6 vho lamps soon. And I would like to no if anyone with a PAR meter would like to help me test and compare them to other lighting. Or even lend me your Par meter if you cant be there.

I have other testing meters, LUX, Watts, but no Par meter. i just cant afford one right now.

So far these lamps are suppose to be as efficient as t-5s or even better.

That's alot of wattage for such a small bulb... I'd be interested in doing some testing with you if we can work out a time in our schedules. Drop me a PM when you get the lights in.

Great, ill do that thanks guys.
I have a few deferent ballast to test along with the lamps, so it should be interesting.

I have a apogee quantum meter I bought to test the par on my T5's, where are you located at

I'd be very interested in being involved with any testing. I have quite a few ballasts and other lighting equipment available to use for testing purposes.

These are what I wanted to compare. tell me what you guys think?

6500 k lamps 48" lamps

110 watt T-6
110 watts t-12
55 watts T-5
32 watt t-8

Ballast

1. 660 Icecap (on each lamp)
2. Older non electronic 1500ma 110 VHO ballast( on vho lamp only)
3. Any "True 1500ma" 110 watt VHO electronic ballast ( have not found one yet) only on Vho lamp
4. true HO T-5 ballast (on T-5 & T-8)
5. T-8 E ballast ODNO ( on T-8 & T-5)

Reflectors

1. T-6 reflector and T-5 Ice Cap reflector

Then one test comparing two HO t-5 to two vho T-6. That should give us a good picture of how some flo lighting stacks up to another.

Things I don't have Yet

1. older 110 watts VHO 1500ma ballast
2. electronic True 110 watts VHO 1500ma ballast (have not even seen one yet)
3. t-5 6500k lamp new.
4. IC t-5 reflector

Back