New tank!

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
So my tank is basically done and I have to get it re-sealed so why not upgrade? I was on a budget so it's not top of the line equitment. It's a 125 gallon " tall" tank I guess you can say. I believe it's a marineland and the stand is to. For the sump it's a eshopps Rs-100, the skimmer is a eshopps psk-150 and the return pump is a rio 3100. I have a heater I just don't remember the name of it. It's definelty really nice.

That's all I really have right now. I'm going to be ordering 2 evergrow D-120's. I also think I'm going to be adding a small frag tank and refugium to this setup.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
963483=54555-image.jpg
>
963483=54555-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

jtsreef;963486 wrote: You sure that's a 125 looks like a 120 4x2x2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Oops. Mabye it is. Is that what size 120gallons are?

Bgcoop8784;963589 wrote: Agree, looks like a 120 to me also, but personally I'd rather have a 120 than the normal 125, I like the 24" width much more than the 18.5" that's normally on the 125 gal. So, how long before the tank swap starts taking place?

Probably tonight or tomorrow afternoon. One problem I have is I have to sell my lights and get new ones, so I can only light half of the tank until I sell my light... I honestly kind of had to get this tank because of space requirements. I would love the long tank but I didn't have any space to put it.

JC_k;963594 wrote: Probably tonight or tomorrow afternoon. One problem I have is I have to sell my lights and get new ones, so I can only light half of the tank until I sell my light... I honestly kind of had to get this tank because of space requirements. I would love the long tank but I didn't have any space to put it.
I had one had to sell it before i got it up and running

jtsreef;963597 wrote: I had one had to sell it before i got it up and running

Light it tank?

jtsreef;963597 wrote: I had one had to sell it before i got it up and running

All of I my post didn't post lol sorry.. I meant to say I love the 120 cube.. I had one bit had to sell it before i got to get it up and running
JC_k;963599 wrote: Light it tank?

Bgcoop8784;963605 wrote: lol, I've noticed that my S3 will delete some of my text sometime when using tapatalk before I hit send.
Guess the s4 does the same lmao.. not the first time it's happened

so Im just wondering. what's the average a person stays in this hobby. Cos right now I am trying to buy stuff for my very first tank. So many people who has so nice tanks, want's to get out of the hobby right now (they would not keep their tanks one more week).. why ? is it going to be too much work ? cost ?

PKAugusta;963705 wrote: so Im just wondering. what's the average a person stays in this hobby. Cos right now I am trying to buy stuff for my very first tank. So many people who has so nice tanks, want's to get out of the hobby right now (they would not keep their tanks one more week).. why ? is it going to be too much work ? cost ?

I don't really know what your saying, but let's see if I can awnser. Most people get out of the hobby because they can afford it, or they just don't have time.

so I guess time commitment is a big factor. I've been doing freshwater so far. Once you setup the tank , not that much of a cost there. Maybe it might be a good idea to start with a small tank ???

PKAugusta;963709 wrote: so I guess time commitment is a big factor. I've been doing freshwater so far. Once you setup the tank , not that much of a cost there. Maybe it might be a good idea to start with a small tank ???

I think two of the best starter tanks are a 40 breeder or a 75 gallon. Honestly once you get everthing established it's really not exspensive as it looks. The only problem is that if you a serious reefer and you see something you like, your probably going to buy it.

:) oh I see .. right now I have Noahs ark of planted tanks. 3 of them . :) hope cost will deter me from buying more corrals.

Wow. I use to have a high tech planted tank. I really wanted to get some autum angelfish for it but I eneded up going on vacation and my heater completely messed up and killed all of the fish and almost all of the plants. That's one think people don't consider is their tank crashing. When you have 3+ years put into a tank and it's all gone in less than a week it really makes you mad. I'm really considering setting a discus tank up... One tank at a time though.

Congrats Jacob! Very nice looking tank.

I guess volunteering and helping out the ARC really set off a saltwater bug in you. Haha, jk!

Looking forward to your progress, :thumbs:

Back