New to T-5's need some help

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Picked up a TEK fixture. 4x54, Looking to see what combination would be best for the fixture. Also, best bulb brands and places to get them. Thanks!!!:confused2:

go on this thread and ask grimm reefer he is the t5 guru....tell him what you have and what your trying to grow ..what color your looking to get ........also aquabuys carries the geisman bulbs they are good but he will lead you towards the ati and uvl ........you can get those on reefgeek.com hope this helps
victor

as blue as possible. Would not like to be restricted on corals. Its only a 4 bulb fixture so im thinking I may keep my coralife fixture because no one is bitein' at it in the sale section. And fill that with Actinic, this will free up my TEK space.

yeah i did lol think this is it
showthread.php

Dustin, For what it is worth... My cofig for T-5 is VERY blue/white (read not purple) and I went with 3 Actinic + bulbs and 1 10K bulb. I have not taken the par readings yet but they look pretty high. I wish I could take some pictures. If you wanted even bluer without a big drop in par, my best advice would be to go with all Actinic + bulbs. They are going to give you a very blue color with no white and still a good bang for your buck. I think I will have no problem keep clams or SPS in this light.

I am a huge fan of ATI bulbs with at least 25% being an ATI SunPro or better the UVL AquaSun.

If you are into heavy thread reading take Victor's advice and read through some of the posts over at reefcentral.

The one thing you didn't say is what you want to keep. That may dictate some of your lamp choices.

Back