No3po4 who is using it

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys who out there is using NO3 po4? I was thinking about starting to dose was just looking to get some insight

I used it to great effect. Brought my nitrates down effectively and reduced my phosphates to trace amounts. I have a 65g total water come systems and started with a 1 mL dose for a week or two and increased it to 2mL and kept it there until my level were low and now I dose 1mL per day. Keep in mind that you have to start slow so the bacteria population doesn't explode. I've seen it recommended and believe that the recommended dose is a little much but if nitrates and phosphates are a serious problem, I suppose a higher dose might be in order. I tried everything I could to get my nitrates down to 2-5 ppm and just couldn't get them below 15 ppm. It wasn't an "Emergency" situation so I started slow, kept the dose low and it's been working great.

That being said, having to dose another thing isn't much fun. Well, I don't mind it myself but my Wife is on tank duty when I'm out of town for work and she's never thrilled about additional fish tank related tasks. Also, it's bacteria food and you will notice some additional bacterial mulm growth. In my case, it's more brownish-pinkish stuff growing on things in my sump. It's never been an issue but it is a side effect. I'd also encourage you to buy a bio-block, matrix or bio-spheres to give the good bacteria additional space to grow.

Just for clarification... @Rickdareefa

Are you asking about using and dosing NO3;PO4-X (NOPOX) or about dosing Nitrates and Phosphate? And what are you looking to solve for, meaning what are the desired effects/results?

I use it but after a year my ratio of phosphate to nitrate became unbalanced and I had to dose half of the recommended amount. My nitrates were a little elevated but my phosphates were zero. This caused the loss of some acros.

Just for clarification... @Rickdareefa

Are you asking about using and dosing NO3;PO4-X (NOPOX) or about dosing Nitrates and Phosphate? And what are you looking to solve for, meaning what are the desired effects/results?
Nopox. I'm trying to lower them always are between 15 and 25 no matter what I do. Was hoping to get better coloration and growth

I'm using it in small doses and it has helped the coloration. There's a recent thread about the components that make NO3PO4X and you can make it yourself.
You should be able yo look up the instructions online and I also recommend starting slow and dosing at half the rate Red Sea recommends. If you start it up too fast you can do more harm than good.

Back