One more discovery thanks to my new Apex

k3nnyp

Supporting
Reaction score
I noticed my temp struggling a bit this morning. I have 2 x 150w heaters plugged into a single outlet. Looks like one is failing. I'll have to separate them on to different outlets to tell which one but this is valuable information.

1548081190809.png

Heater range is 80.6 - 80.8. That's high for my taste but until I get some fans to lower it throughout the day it's set that high to keep the tank consistent.

Note in the first graph that the graph never drops to 0, it appears there is always at least one heater running. I've never monitored heaters like this, it's possible that heaters normally cycle throughout their heating cycle. I'm going to separate the two heaters later and monitor their power consumption when on and see if both are doing this or if it's only one of the two. They are Cobalt Aquatic Neo-therm 150w heaters. I'm also realizing I probably need some extra wattage.

If you zoom in to about an hour or two you'll get a little more resolution and it might drop lower than what you see in the full expanded view.

Is your tank really getting that high during the day now that you'd actually need to cool it? My temp is set to 77.5 heaters ON 78 OFF. In the summer the chiller runs 78.5 ON 78 OFF.

One heater in return, one in sump...
Do you have your heaters set identically on Auto?
Dang it was so cold this morning I was struggling too :)

Back