Pair of mandarians in domestic dispute

dmahoney82

Market
Reaction score
I bought a pair of mandarians several months ago. They immediately started eating and always swam together with not a care in the world. The problem all started today when I finally decided to glue down all of my lose random frags and did a little rearranging of my rock work. My male is now chasing the female and nipping at her fins. Could they be going through a breakup of sorts? Or is he just stressed out bc I redid hid his living room without asking and is taking it out on the woman?

Could the pods be gettin low in numbers? They had there favorite hunting spots before you moved the rock. Now maybe he is just worried. Do you have the 100lbs. of rock per manderine you need to keep them happy?

I'm not sure how much rock I have but its close to 200lbs. The total volume of my system is around 140-150gallons(110DT 55gal fuge). I thought it could be the food supply, but they still appear to be eating and def have nost any weight.

If it's food related, I hear the little orange flying fish roe from the sushi places are a big hit with the mandarins (Tobiko) -- maybe you can get some of that so they can fill up and calm down.

Back