Questions about moving a system....

mapleredta;273820 wrote: I was thinking that but I didn't want to say it and sound like an idiot. One of the buckets is a styrofoam bait bucket. (styrofoam bucket inside of a plastic bucket) the other has a plastic bucket with slots inside of the plastic bucket so you can easily get the bait out.

I wouldn't put the warmers directly in a bucket--I have no idea what they contain, if they leak, or even what might be on the outside of the package after spending weeks on the Walmart counter!

Even in a cooler I'd include a thermometer so I could monitor the water temp and move/remove the warmer if the water temp started to climb.

RaisingTwo2006;273824 wrote: I got a couple things I could throw your way- xenia, hairy mushrooms, greenish blue palys, little frag of hydno.. And maybe a few other things-You wouldn't leave empty handed unless you chose to.
:up: Awsome. I have a buddy of mine going to keep all the stuff until I have it the way I want it. We're going to be leaving out around 8:30 ish. Probably be in Columbus around 10:30 I imagine. Is that going to be too early for you?

Gwhiz;273826 wrote: I wouldn't put the warmers directly in a bucket--I have no idea what they contain, if they leak, or even what might be on the outside of the package after spending weeks on the Walmart counter!

Even in a cooler I'd include a thermometer so I could monitor the water temp and move/remove the warmer if the water temp started to climb.
I have one of those converters for a home plug in that goes in the cig lighter, I might be able to pick up a few small heaters.

It's only a 20 gallon? Come on, I was expecting like at least a 150 or something!

I'd say just bite the bullet and sweat bullets on the way back. That's too many heaters to have run by your car's battery.

Steve;273831 wrote: It's only a 20 gallon? Come on, I was expecting like at least a 150 or something!

I'd say just bite the bullet and sweat bullets on the way back. That's too many heaters to have run by your car's battery.
Got to get back in it some how or another.:lol2: Soon. Very soon I shall upgrade.:up:

Poo. I might have to catch you on the way home- I've got to meet Helene at 10 in the morning in ALT.. I'm leaving the house at 8:30 too. :(

I'm hoping to be home by 4- I don't know how long it's gonna take you before you get back this way..

RaisingTwo2006;273844 wrote: Poo. I might have to catch you on the way home- I've got to meet Helene at 10 in the morning in ALT.. I'm leaving the house at 8:30 too. :(

I'm hoping to be home by 4- I don't know how long it's gonna take you before you get back this way..
:doh: Ill be home long before then.:sad: Any good stores up there?

Not any worth veering off your route for..Unfortunatly.

Sorry about that... I've got to meet Steve at Creation at 2ish, so I doubt I'd be home much sooner than that.

I'll Pm you with my number, and if for some reason you end up not getting back as soon as you thought- gimme a call.

RaisingTwo2006;273854 wrote: Not any worth veering off your route for..Unfortunatly.

Sorry about that... I've got to meet Steve at Creation at 2ish, so I doubt I'd be home much sooner than that.

I'll Pm you with my number, and if for some reason you end up not getting back as soon as you thought- gimme a call.
Thank you Kimberly. I wish more stores were around my area.

Me too- we've got Petco and Petland, and 2 other local stores, One has a sorta decent selection 'sometimes' but it always smells awful!! They have puppies in the back, and I've gone in there sometimes and it's overwhelming!!

(FWIW- I can't smell- I've had allergy problems since I was little, and I'm allergic to dogs and cats, go figure- So when things smell bad- most of the time, I taste it in the air before I smell it) And it's been so bad in there, that I walked in and had to leave before I gagged!

And our other local store is about 8 miles further than you are going- they have had a pretty good price/selection until recently. They aren't really getting much in lately.

:D i'm so glad that you posted this b/c we are moving too and we were wondering what to do! so this great.

N&JSonnichsen;273908 wrote: :D i'm so glad that you posted this b/c we are moving too and we were wondering what to do! so this great.
:up: I can always count on this great club.

If you need help let me know. I have a styrofoam fish container you can use and alot of hand warmers. I use hand warmers all the time. Just put them on the bottom of the container and cover with a rag or something. I have taken numerous corals, and a mantis shrimp back from Atl with no problems before.

rostato;274033 wrote: If you need help let me know. I have a styrofoam fish container you can use and alot of hand warmers. I use hand warmers all the time. Just put them on the bottom of the container and cover with a rag or something. I have taken numerous corals, and a mantis shrimp back from Atl with no problems before.
Where are you exactly Chris? I might just take you up on that offer if you are close enough.

I am right off of Watson BLVD and 41. Right behind the Galleria Mall. Let me know, I'll keep checking tonight.

rostato;274048 wrote: I am right off of Watson BLVD and 41. Right behind the Galleria Mall. Let me know, I'll keep checking tonight.
Awsome. I gotta come that way in the morning. Can you pm me your number will you be up around 9 tomorrow?

rostato;274057 wrote: Yup. Pming
Chris, thank you for allowing me to use your cooler. It was very nice of you. Also, thank you for allowing to view your tanks and your beautiful home. I got home and around the right bulkhead (the return) was cracked on both side.:sad: So now I gotta find another tank soon. Thank you again.

Aww thats terrible. Did it crack on your way home? That sucks man...sorry.

Glad I could help you out. :thumbs:

rostato;274500 wrote: Aww thats terrible. Did it crack on your way home? That sucks man...sorry.

Glad I could help you out. :thumbs:
Not sure. Don't want to say yes or no because im not sure. Ill do my best and get you back your styrofoam cooler this week if not tomorrow.:up: Thank you again.

Back