Reef Computers

tebriel

Market
Reaction score
So I've taken a look at the ReefKeeper and the Aquacontroller and the Elos Biotopus II (Yeah, right, I wish i could spend 2595$ on a reef computer!) And I think my biggest hangup with getting one of these is the need to run windows to update. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a Reef Computer that isn't windows dependent. I don't have a licensed copy of Windows to run on my mac, so I can't do that, I don't really want to shell out over 100$ just for the ability to update my reef computer either...
So, if you have some opinions, maybe they don't need to be updated, lmk what you think of these guys and others. Thanks!

Well, a used OLD copy of 98 wouldn't do me any good because it isn't going to run on my mac. I'd need at least XP or better. And PC == Mac. I just like Mac better...

linux > all !!!!
but I agree w/ares, just use someone elses computer for the once in a while update. I have wine and virtual box that run window apps as needed, you may be able to find an emulating software that can do the trick...

stickx911;204639 wrote: linux > all !!!!
True, but my hardware isn't really supported, but trust me I have tried. I got iffy wifi on my 12" iBook g4, it's just that the wireless driver never stays connected for a long time. And I've tried ndiswrapper and the like. But back on topic, yeah I hadn't thought of using someone else's laptop. Anyone like Aquacontroller over the Reefkeeper or vice-versa? I really want one of these and if I do get a settlement from getting hit by that truck, it's what I'll be buying, the rest goes towards my never ending college career.

Back