Reefbreeders nano light

gixxer600

Market
Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody has any experience with these yet? Looking to possibly put one over an 8-10 gallon nano. Price point seems pretty good and i like the dimmable aspect.

I can't comment on the RB (it looks cool!), but I have these on my 10g and it's keeping an RBTA very happy. I have 3 right now, and going up to 6 because I'm removing the lid and using their arm light.

a>

Yeah i have thought about those as well and just wasn't sure on the capability. Are you using the arm as a mount for them?

I literally JUST got the arm yesterday. There is a "clamp" in the back that will attach to a tank. It is limited in size though. The pics on the site show it off pretty well. I can get you pics later tonight if you want to see it better. I like them, super slim, water resistant cover and seem to be keeping my livestock happy. The arm will hold 3 of the strips. It comes with 1 as well as the transformer. If you want to run three, buy 2 more and the 3 way splitter. IMO, depending on what you want to keep, you may get better results out of the RB unit. I put a piece of montipora spongodes in the tank to see how it would do out of curiosity....it looked to be doing pretty well until the nem decided to grow and lay right on top of it :roll: All kinds of dead. Oh well. I'll add another piece of something one of these days to see.

Might sound like a good idea. I definitely would like to see pics if you get a chance. I had a nem do the same thing with some nice zoas of mine. With this tank zoas and acans is all i would really be keeping in this thing.

As my tank stand with the 2 arms and 6 strips total, it would be $163. It would be $81.63 if you only went with 1 arm and 2 extra strips with a total of 3 strips (remember the arm comes with 1 strip and the power supply too). It's not bad price. I'll break out the box everything shipped in and set it up and get some pics for you. If you don't mind, I'll post in this thread so everyone can see.

Here is the pico arm, it comes with the middle strip. I'm loading two more to maximize light. The arm is very strong, and powder coated. 1/4" clamp area that closes with an acrylic screw. This size can not be changed, which could possibly limit you. I dig it. Ok, time for some pics!
e633313a583512b9ceb52ebc48990c82.jpg
alt="" />
c0d2866bea2180278f5a5b9c0ce9b22a.jpg
alt="" />
880d446f0d48f4bd3d99c45cb0337a15.jpg
alt="" />
3c37aa864cf9ac1fbdaba93b29da0322.jpg
alt="" />

I'll put this on the 10g and take a pic this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks good. can you put more than 3 lights on that are or would that pushing the limit?

You could probably put 5, they are held on by 3M tape...though that would leave one of the 3 way splitters open...which isn't an issue...just sort of a waste if you ask me. I have two of these arms and will have a total of 6 strips, curious to see how it'll look.

Back