Refug. lighting?

wjake

Market
Reaction score
What is the best (and most economical) refug. light for a 30 gallon cube. I have a compartment in the filter area I am converting.

Is it an all-in-one with the filtration at the back like a BioCube? If so, the JBJ Nano Glo may be a good option. I haven't used it though; my refugium is in a sump below my tank. Also, if the tank is close to a wall, you could mount a light socket and use a LED daylight bulb in the right spectrum; that would probably be the most economical.

On my biocube i use the INNOVATIVE MARINE CHAETOMAX led and it works great. On the fuge on my 90gal I use the Zetlight ES200 and love it. Zetlight also has a smaller version

On my biocube i use the INNOVATIVE MARINE CHAETOMAX led and it works great. On the fuge on my 90gal I use the Zetlight ES200 and love it. Zetlight also has a smaller version
do you have this in the middle chamber shooting thru the glass on the back?

Pretty good and diverse responses, all should work fine. I'm using the JBJ Nano Glow on my 80g & 60g, both are all-in-ones and I harvest about a softball size of cheato bi-weekly. I've also had some pretty good luck with ebay lights like Steve mentioned and they are very inxepensive!

Back