RODI buckect for ATO

eagle9252

Market
Reaction score
Well, after my temporary RODI bucket has over filled 2 times on the floor on the floor, I decided that I needed to fix this. I was already looking for something to use, this just speeded me up a bit. I don’t really have any extra space to use. I enlarged the pantry to move things around to make room for the fish tank and have been told I can’t put anything in it. :^(
What I did was get a 10gal trash can with no lid due to the slim size. I drilled 2 bulkheads and installed some tubing to make a sight glass on the outside. On the inside there is nothing. This will allow the water to move up and down freely. This way I can see the level without having to look in the trash can. I took some Lexan and bent it to make the holder for the toilet valve. I drilled an extra hole to slide over the top bulkhead and another for the fill line to loop back around. Put the ATO pump in there and it’s up and running.
*** dont know why some of the pics are turned
downsized_1101011642.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011642a.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011702.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011705.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011822b.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011844.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1101011824a.jpg
alt="" />

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Only problem is that is probably not a food safe container =( I'm not sure if RO water can cause unsafe plastics to eventually leach unwanted contaminates but you may want to check. Otherwise, very nice!!</span></span>

I think you're ok with that container. There's talk of plastizers containing BPA as being carcinogenic, but typically, those tests have been conducted when the material has been headed ( Think polycarbonate baby bottles going in the microwave). While I'm no nay sayer of these findings, I fully realize that most kids growing up in the eighties and nineties had their polycarbonate bottles heated in a microwave, and don't have cancer in their 20's and 30's....

I think the jury hasn't given a full verdict on this issue yet.

Edit:
eagle9252;701103 wrote: sorry forgot a pic
1101011846a.jpg
alt="" />

Cool design actually

Back