Sick Clown

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I think I have another sick clown. This clown was given to me in a trade, and I knew she was not too healthy, but I took her anyway.

She is all by herself in a 12 gallon tank, and for the first week or so she did fine. But yesterday she started to swim wierd, and would not eat.

She has a bruise under her mouth from being harrased in her last tank trhat is slowly healing. But her swimming and not eating is freaking me out.

I can set up an emergency quarintine if nessecary, but I would like to make sure there is something fixable before I do.

Any ideas? She does look to be rather old too...pretty large

I have include a pic and Video to show the wierd swimming.
DSC01436.jpg
alt="" />

Sick%20fish
alt="" /></a>

Today she attempted to eat brine shrimp soaked in Garlic, but it looks as though she cannot move her mouth at all. It seems to be open all the time. Any ideas?

She chases the food, but cannot get it into her mouth.

What is meth blue? She really doesnt look good. Looks really confused, and she just cannot move her mouth. It is either from the injury or somethign else.

All googling meth blue gets me is "how to make Meth " Pages...

Meth Blue is not your answer. Seems like something physical, not an illness. Meth blue is great stuff and if it was a breathing problem I would say it is what you need.

What worries me about his swimming is the lack of controled movement in his rear fins. Looks like a physical (maybe neurological) problem. Is he swimming, while he is chasing the food, any better or is it still labored. I fear that there is not much you can do at this time.

Swims fine when food is in the tank...not as fast or as spunky as she should be but waaay more normal than in the vid. Still doesnt look happy though. I really feel bad for the fish. She seems so confused.

She ate a few mysis shrimps yesterday, and is swimming a little better Still not good, but better at least. Also her sore on her chin is getteing better.

If you want to order a replacement when you make that order today, I'll pay for it! Just let me know! I'd rather you go ahead and get it now while they're on sale and if clown gets better, then you get a freebie.

Hmm, maybe I'll do that, that would put me at 4 clowns... Let me know if you wanna go in on the order.

She is doing MUCH better. Swimming normal, eating well, people interactive, and her cut is almost healed. I think she is going to make it.

Doing even better now. She is even hosting my BTA in that tank now!

I didnt even treat her. I just kept her well fed with vitamen enriched foods, and kept a stress free environment...no water changes, additions to the tank, and no glass cleanings. I even told our 4 year old to stay away from the tank so that she would not try to swim to the front of the tank and do the 'Will swim for food" dance...

Barbara;250142 wrote: Yeah, the "low stress environment" does a body good. It's amazing how that works for humans, animals, fish, and all living creatures. Kinda makes you wonder what this fast paced society does to our health, huh?

Kinda does, It just took me over 2 weeks to get over the flu because I couldnt just take one day to relax...

The clown was on her death bed and within a week she looks Much better than I do:eek:

Back