Skimmer suggestion for 150g?

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
Hey ARC

I'm about to move to a 150G setup and am looking to drop somewhere around $200 for a new / used skimmer. A used one would probably allow me to go bigger.

What model / type of skimmer would you guys suggest for this size of a tank?

The
a> is rated to 200G.  Anyone have a better suggestion

I would go for one of the new Ocean Force Skimmers by MRC. Small footprint and skims like a son of a gun!

product_info.php

don't waste you're money on the aquac. They use a "spray injection" which is essentially the same as putting your thumb over the end of a hose to increase the velocity of the water.

Beckett skimmers are much more powerful and will do a better job at skimming (and isn't that what it's all about?).

The new Ocean Force line is a nice small footprint nw line that may work well for your application.

Skriz;233577 wrote: They use a "spray injection" which is essentially the same as putting your thumb over the end of a hose...

There he goes again- talking over everyone's head...

I haven't tried the ocean force skimmers so I can't speak for them... but I have the Octopus extreme skimmer and I've been really really impressed. It's skims crazy amounts of gunk and is very consistent. I have an Octopus Extreme 160 on 300 total gallons of total volume and my tank is crystal clear. Its cost effective, small, and quiet. The only downside is that you have to empty the cup out so often, which is a good thing. I rarely rave about a piece of equipment like I do these skimmers :).

Back