Sunlight Supply's new T5 Tek Elite fixture!

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
Who else is looking forward to this fixture coming out in January? Its going to be a belated xmas present!

This thing looks like its gonna rock!

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/Sunlight_Supply/Tek_Light_Elite_Fixtures/48_inch__6x54W_Tek_Light_Elite_T5_High-Output_Fixture_w!_Bulbs_(Graphite)_by_Sunlight_Supply">http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/Sunlight_Supply/Tek_Light_Elite_Fixtures/48_inch__6x54W_Tek_Light_Elite_T5_High-Output_Fixture_w!_Bulbs_(Graphite)_by_Sunlight_Supply</a>

mmm... nom nom nom....

Looks to me like those 2 fans and a 3% increase of reflection will cost you $200 extra. Hopefully they have made the acrylic lenses stay in better. Only time will tell if the change was worth it. Looks like they made the fan removable from the top, thats nice and keeps you from tearing the fixture apart to take them apart and clean.

Yes these should also cool and extend the t5 bulb life. I will be able to order these for you guys. I can also take preorders if interested.

Thanks,
Tim

Ive been thinking of just retrofitting fans into mine...these fixtures dont appear to be made any different to promote better cooling, other then just adding fans. The ATI Powermodule would still be my choice if I had the cash.

These actually use a completely different reflector setup. There is 1 reflector for every 2 bulbs instead of 1 reflector for the entire fixture.

tim8111;433558 wrote: These actually use a completely different reflector setup. There is 1 reflector for every 2 bulbs instead of 1 reflector for the entire fixture.

Oh dang. I thought they had individual reflectors. I'm wondering if I should just go with the ATI Sunpower and spend the extra $50 to get individual reflectors...

The reflectors cover 2 bulbs but they are contoured to each t5 individually.

By the way I can get the fixture for $403 plus bulbs.

Thanks,
Tim

Back