Tank looking pretty good, I actually took pics

kwl1763

Market
Reaction score
These are the first pics I've taken this year of my tank. I really need to do it more often.

fulltank.jpg
alt="" />

cleaner.jpg
alt="" />

A few corals

encorange.jpg
alt="" />

bonzai.jpg
alt="" />

monti.jpg
alt="" />

purptip.jpg
alt="" />

slimer.jpg
alt="" />

tort.jpg
alt="" />

duncan.jpg
alt="" />

<p style="text-align:left;">How did you do your rock work?

Can you keep snails or does the trigger eat them?

Joe

Blue throated trigger and there are perfectly reef safe about 95% of the time every once in a while there is a report of them munching shrimp but my pair has had zero issues for the over a year I've had them. The rockwork is supported with PVC and zipties. You can see more here

showthread.php

:eek:

I'm speachless, very gorgeous display! From the first pic's it appears that the colonies are almost frags, until you see the close up shots and realize the true size. How large is the system?

Sorry to stunned to type at the moment:up:

450G display. Around 800 total gallons. Yeah it's odd when the tank is 10ft long. I have about a dozen colonies that are approaching a foot big but they still look small in there!

wow, look awesome Keith!

You seem to have the same problem with "frags" as I do!

looks great, in your build thread on RC there is a pic of a fish with red spiky fins? It looks like a rabbit fish but I am not sure?

Thanks for the RC link to your build thread. I enjoyed reading back through it and seeing it from the start.

i saw in the pics that there were small holes in the pvc piping.

is there a water pump in connected to those pipes? and do you send water through those pipes to keep detritus off the rocks?

Actually there is quite a few fish in there they just hide

6 lyretail anthias
2 mated neon gobies
2 mated true percs
2 blue throated triggers
1 magnificent foxface
1 regal angel
1 flame angel
1 powder blue tang
1 sailfin tang
1 copperband butterfly
1 scotts wrasse
1 spotted mandarin

I'll add a few more once I get the sailfin out.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'll answer some more questions tonight. This work thing gets in the way to much!

Back