teflon tape

downtime89

Market
Reaction score
Not sure if i spelled teflon right but the white tape you use on threaded pipes and stuff is it safe to use on a reef tank?

never mind i did a search on here for teflon tape and it seems lots have already used it :) so here i go

so i see :) i have been doing sump maintince all day long lol. moved a frogspawn this morning tho. that was more fun than the sump maintince i got a laugh from that. The lawnmower blenny tried to bite my fingers while i was moving it he brushed the coral and took off and started rubbing his face in the sand bed lol.

downtime89;442438 wrote: The lawnmower blenny...brushed the coral and took off and started rubbing his face in the sand bed lol.

That's funny. I had my first coral sting this weekend with a frogspawn. I had a small cut on the tip of my finger and touched the coral. My whole finger started throbbing! Up until now, I've been skeptical of domesticated corals stings, but no more!

brianjfinn;442504 wrote: That's funny. I had my first coral sting this weekend with a frogspawn. I had a small cut on the tip of my finger and touched the coral. My whole finger started throbbing! Up until now, I've been skeptical of domesticated corals stings, but no more!

Be careful working in a tank with open sores, there are a number of nasty infections you can get, not necessarilly will, but can. You could always seal up the cut with superglue, then you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.

I cut my finger last week (using a knife stupidly against all training and experience) when I was cutting some hoses that had shrunk around connectors on my 2LF Phosban reactor. I put some super glue on it and the cut healed in half the time I would have expected, and it was right on my knuckle, too, somewhere a bandaid would have been useless.

I dont know about in a home aquarium but natural ocean salt water is said to make cuts heal faster. I have noticed it before after a trip to the beach i dont know if it was a mind thing or if it really did heal faster. I think its said saltwater in general heals cuts faster.

Back