Thats it I'm done with wrasses

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
I had a post about my fairy jumping in my build thread a week ago. I woke up this morning to my radiant laying on the sand bed clinging to life. He kicked the bucket tonight. I am so done with these things. I havn't lost a fish in years and I have lost 2 wrasses in a week. I dont know what happened. He was fine and eating yesterday this morning he was on the sand bed almost dead. I tried to catch him but he just buried himself in the rocks. He came out about an hour ago flailing around the tank then just went belly up. He was very pale looking.

How long did you have the radiant wrasse? They have an extremely high mortality rate. That is why I no longer buy them for the store. I am sorry to hear about the poor guy.

Thanks,
Tim

tim8111;240333 wrote: How long did you have the radiant wrasse? They have an extremely high mortality rate. That is why I no longer buy them for the store. I am sorry to hear about the poor guy.

Thanks,
Tim
I had him about a week and a half. He showed no signs of sickness untill this morning.

I will probably give The wrasses another shot later because they are truely beutiful fish. I'm just a little ticked off right now.

Barbara;240328 wrote: John, that's a bummer. I'm so sorry. I have found wrasses to be harder to keep than the standard aquarium dwellers such as clowns, gobies, tangs, foxface (which btw, I read was actually a tang. Has anybody else heard that???) Anyway, back to you John....... Yeah, they're harder to keep, but when you get a few that settle down in your tank, you'll like them. If you are interested, I should probably unload this six line I got at Optimum before he starts beating up the yellow coris wrasse.
I'm going to stick with fairies and flashers if and when I get another one. I have heard the lined wrasses can be a little mean

i caught my fire fish trying to jump tonight when i had the lid up on my biocube.

yeah wrasses suck.. i have a 6line and hes awsome tho.. i was going to go all fancy with the wrasses but soon realized that most jump, so i kept it simple.. hes cool..
sorry to hear about your other guy

I told you you should've given him to me! but that does suck...

i have had a 6 line for a year and a half...he just keeps going into my overflow. I had a Conde's flasher wrasse for about 3 months and he just up and kicked the bucket.

I would never buy a radiant wrasse from anywhere except liveaquaria's diver's den. These guys are captured off the coast of Africa and are really poor shippers. It's definitely not a good starter wrasse for people.

I'm not sure how your other wrasse died but I imagine it was from jumping. You need to make your tank jump proof to keep wrasses. I have 15 of them now and at least one of them tests my canopy every day. So far so good...

Anyways, this is the argument for keeping wrasses:
Fairy_Lined_Wrasse.jpg
alt="" />
wrasse-room_112.jpg
alt="" />

Yep the other wrassed jumped. I had the top off getting corals I was holding for someone out and he jumped. None of us noticed untill it was to late. The Radiant Lived over a week and was eating fine Then just up and died in a span of less than 24 hrs. Who knows. I will probably give the wrasses another shot they are really cool fish. The Radiant was an awsome looking wrasse I hated to lose it.

yeah sometimes i get mad at my fish for not doing something and i get mad at them, i wish they reacted... when i had an eel, i just wanted to smack him cause he kept getting into the overflow.. stupid fish

Back