Toadstool Leather vs Mushroom?

Justin Ranke

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been really trying to solve this mystery the last few weeks and I may need some help.

So the last few months my toadstool leather has started bending, and not standing up straight. At first I didn't thing much of it, but these last few weeks Its been much worse. I have been keeping an eye on parameters and nothing is swinging much at all. I thought maybe it was getting too much flow, and I thought it could have been too little. Made small adjustments and never saw any improvement.. But yesterday I noticed that some mushrooms have started to touch it at the base.

Is it possible that the mushrooms are stinging the toadstool?

Or is the toadstool just being moody?

Thanks guys!

Also forgot to add... it had been shedding regularly about once every month or two. the last time it has shed was about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20220823_181931.jpg
    20220823_181931.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Some of the issue could be the mushrooms. From pic it looks like one is touching the base of the toadstool. Mushrooms can win a lot of battles when it comes to releasing toxins.

Some of the issue could be the mushrooms. From pic it looks like one is touching the base of the toadstool. Mushrooms can win a lot of battles when it comes to releasing toxins.

that's what I was thinking as well. its the only conclusion I could come too! thank you

Run some carbon and see what happens. Softies, ESPECIALLY leathers and shrooms like chemical warfare. Carbon goes a long way for that.

Leathers can move but it's always going to be slow. My bet is that it's specifically trying to get away from the irritating mushroom.

Back