tunze on seio controller?

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
anyone heard of or did a tunze nano stream, like a 6025 on a seio contoller? Seeing how the seios are ac (I believe) and the controller doesnt fully shut off the pump, how do you think the NS would fare on it?

There are people that have run their tunze 6060s and other non-controllable tunzes off a seio controller. I can't find the link but I read about it on reefcentral. Perhaps somewhere in this thread:

printthread.php

nothing there really, the controller never came out yet on the duration of that. I did however plug in my modded mj and it worked like a charm. Perhaps its worth a shot?

i have heard of someone putting their tunze on the red sea wavemaker. since it has a soft start then i will work

nah that thing definitely doesn't have a soft start, I use to have one. Plus it completely shuts off the pumps and there has been some talk that the 6025's start in reverse sometimes. The Seio controller has the nifty function of never completely turning off the pumps. Thanks tho for the suggestion. I'll just try it out and see what happens.

man I have no clue what to do now. Thanks for the link david....yeah and whenever you have time for me to come over, just let me know :) Did you ahve those nanos in your 180? Were they modded at all? I have a pretty wellstocked tank now with power heads, 2x1100's and 2x1500's all on the seio controllers. The flow is outstanding, but I think I might want something a little bit different. Money is an issue (kinda) and I'd like to stay reasonable. No CL's, or any crap like that. I know modding the 6025's can get you near 1500 gph and the low one is 1200, thats awesome for me....just wondering how long they would last modded and on that controller. Perhaps I need to look into other things. Def dont want to go with vortech either, I ahve an acrylic tank and I've seen what those can do to them.

after reading the link it doesn't sound like putting my tunze on a seio will work. what about this controller

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1617">http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1617</a>

if you think so can i put both my tunze 6080 and my Seio (600gph) on there?

Lee, do you have a link to the tunze nano mod or can you post the info? thanks

that one thread seemed ok to run it, just seemed like that one guy had a line issue with keeping true 120V....a simple line conditioner can fix that...which it did. Sagent, I'm not sure about that controller, it seems like it'll shut off the pumps between cycles...the seio controller doesnt do that. I may just try it out and see what happens, if they dont react well to it I'll just sell the seop controllers and go back to plain old open flow.

glxtrix - when are you going to try the seio? let me know if it works well for you then i am going to do it too.

I've put the maximod on the seio and they seem to work fine. I have to get the tunzes first before I can try them out. For the mean time tho the seios in my tank are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.....blastin water around :)

You will burst into flames if you try this... it could even cause your immediate family members to burst into flames.

I have a 6045 you can borrow to test if you like.

burstin into flames is pretty cool ;) but only on Tuesdays. Thanks for the offer Cam, but I dont know when I'd be able to get up to you to pick it up. Pretty busy this week and not going to be here on the weekend...and by the following week I might have my 6025's. I'll jsut hope for the best and post my results :)

I dont have the seios anymore. But I'd believe they would work fine. I had put a modded maxi jet on it and it had no isses.

Back