Urgent help with my clam!!

radha

Market
Reaction score
So I have a crocea clam, and I think something is wrong. My cleaner shrimp was standing on its mantle yesterday morning, and it was closed up. When the lights came on. it started to open up, but its outlet siphon isn't sticking up, like there's a hole where it should be. This has happened before, but the siphon just came right out again, but it has been 2 days! Should I be worried? I tried DT's yesterday, to see if that would make the siphon come out, but no luck. It's opened like normal today, just without the siphon. I'm attaching some pics, to make it a little clearer.
Thanks so much!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
373005=18325-IMG_1167.jpg
>
373005=18325-IMG_1167.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1167.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Barbara;373012 wrote: You got anything in there that could be picking at the clam?

No... not that I know of. I have a second clam and it is fine.

I would think that as long as it is still extending its mantle well outside the shell, you are OK. I would start to worry when it stops extending its mantle outside its shell.

Thanks so much, guys! Sorry it took me soo long, I was on vacation. I think the clam is fine right now. Will keep you updated if there are any problems!
Thanks so much!

Back