Wall hammers

Saltienewb

Supporting
Reaction score
Looking for opinions/experience with wall hammers.
I have branching hammers, frogspawn, torches that are healthy and happy.

Found a nice wall hammer avail, wondering if anyone had experience with them? Anything to look out for? I noticed most online sellers don’t have many, probably due to being harder to aquaculture vs branching.

I think they may be hard to ship? I purchased a "six inch wide calcium skeleton, not a frag" gold Australian wall hammer last October, put on the bottom of the tank, in the sand, in a strong current mixed reef SPS tank. Seems happy. Color faded over six weeks from the initial installation, perhaps my light? I think the bottom is about 80 to 100 PAR. More florescence if I modify the LED to remove white and go strong blue. Branching hammers and torch have done well with color and marked growth the past ten months. The wall is in the hammer garden with several branching hammers. I feed the tangs and wrasses with various pellets and frozen foods and fresh dinosaur kale; also feed reef-roids and Restore. Ask me in another year what is up with the hammers. Proof takes time.

I have a good two to three inches of sand. One branching hammer got buried and perished, yikes, quite the surprise. Now the branching hammers sit on top of cut pieces of rock to stay clear of the sand bottom.

Bubble coral were beautiful for a couple months, but were ultimately torn by current (teeth cut through the flesh, then grew algae, and coral shrunk to nothing) and perished over several months. Elegance was stunning for six weeks, then shrank 95% for a month, then recovered immediately when moved to a friend's dirty water LPS/soft coral tank, lol.

Back