Weld on How soon can I ?

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
I had to do a quick fix on my skimmer and wanted to know how long before I can put it back in the tank?

Not worried about it not holding just do not know if it will contaminate anything if I do not wait 24HRS? Weld On #16

I should have just used super glue.:doh:

Thanks Joe

I thought the purpose of weld on was for it to hold LOL. But it should be ok! It shouldnt hurt anything to have your skimmer off for 24hrs.

Just wait 24 hours. If your tank can't make it without the skimmer for that long, you need a better skimmer!

If you go early, it won't contaminate the water, but the repair may fail. It's best to give a proper cure time, especially when there's no urgency.

Yea there is not much torque on the part. It's just the plastic tip that the air house slides on. So once its on thats it.

Willam I guess you saying the weld on will not hurt anything?

I know I can leave my skimmer off but I do not want to. I stirred up a bunch of crap in the sump and want the skimmer to get it out?

Joe

Oops I was to slow.

Dam you guys are going to make me wait. :) Alright I guess I can wait.

Joe

I bet you I broke the same thing you are talking about the other night. Honestly, I used duct tape until I get weldon... :(

just wait overnight, should cure by then. I think it'll hold before then though if it's been a few hours. IMO

Back