What did you do to your tank today

cr500_af;636694 wrote: Good point... but I don't know how that will work. If I understand it correctly, all that will do is power the Lunar Sim, and it will follow its commands... meaning that it won't come on when the moon is "down". You'd be able to manually turn it off, but not vice versa.

I'm sure you could do it with a virtual outlet or a second profile, using TIME rather than MOON... that way if you turned the virtual outlet on manually, the LS would follow a different code than normal.

Tonight I built a breakout box. :)

yes, you'd have to use a virtual outlet.. you're right, while the lights would gather their power from the EB8, it would still retain control from the lunar sim module... other outlets typically get their power AND control from the EB8..

good point!

ON THE BOB:
If you're using my example, I'd suggest thickening the common neutral wire that connects the tombstones... I had trouble with mine at first (figured out later that because of the way the punch blocks are designed to pinch the sheathing away from the wire, it was spread too far apart to make strong contact with the neutral... I pulled two sets of wires out of their sheathing and braided them together.. worked like a charm (um.. the SECOND time)

Started work on my fish room. I will have to post some pics and maybe a build thread.

I was a busy boy today! Did a 20% WC on the 120 and a 10% on the 37. Vacuumed the sump on the big one, harvested crappy hair algae on the little. Completely broke down and cleaned the skimmer and return pumps along with all of the powerheads. Then scraped and detailed both tanks inside and out.

Cried, yelled, cussed, cried some more, whew...xanax should be handed out with fish!

Saturday:

Water change on both tanks downstairs
Charlie stopped by with his par meter and we looked at the 30L FOWLR and the 90 Reef, was happy with the results on both (good to see you again, Charlie - Thanks for stopping by)

Changed bulbs in T5 actinic supplements. Next time I do a retro, I need to remember that while being secure is good, so is being able to change the bulbs in under an hour. Jeez! Oh well, you learn stuff in a year.

More like what did I do to my tank is the past 4 days!! I set-up my new 93 and then transfered everything from the 60 over to the 93. Broken down the 60 and cleaned it. Ran all the wires and plumping and hooked up the chiller to my 93. I never want to have to do another transfer again. Their worst then setting up a new tank.

In my new 90 gal/55gal/30gall set up ( fish room) i got the salt in the water...I OFFICIALLY HAVE A OCEAN AGAIN!!!

cool....

today?

I started using the RedSea Coral Energy two part coral food system (A&B)..

we'll see how it goes...

I fed the fish? And ... Then daydreamed about all the other projects I have for the system.

Lets see, with the help of my good friend, Smallblock; we tested the water and found my Mg was just a little low as was my Ca levels. So we're going to get my two part stuff set-up hopefully sometime this weekend. We cleaned the algae as best as we could so we could put my new black sand in. (Which looks awesome, btw.) And I was putting stuff that Blake broke on frag plugs. LOL. Anybody need a Frogspawn frag?

Cleaned up the mess my protein skimmer made this morning. It had a mind of it's own and started bringing in too much liquid, causing it to overflow. Then, when I went to empty it, I dropped the cup and it went all over the bathroom floor! Good times...

- Brad

I purchased a 1200 plus gallon reef ready.. 4'x4'x12'
will be brushing the dust off of my scuba gear tomorrow :)

3 gallon water change, traded for a,hollywood stunner chalise, and sold some zoas

Edit: And added a ora green toadstool

peeled one of my pajama cardinals off the intake of my powerhead he was still breathing but i dont think hes gonna make it :(

Wore out the tape measure planning on moving the new 450 glass tank into its final resting spot.

Back