What did you do to your tank today

I cleaned my skimmer and my glass then did a water change, dosed 0.8ml ZEOStart, 4 drops Sponge Power, and 4ml Coral Snow.

Finally got my skimmer running on the new setup.Also fed the display tank LOL.

LOL @ ansley!!!......I fed them.....and wondered why my dang bluejaw won't come play with his new friends!!!And realized how much I love my new ATO!!!!....thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that as well Dr N!!!!

Got a free Powder Brown Tang, now if I can just cure its ich, it's all mine!

Yes it's in QT, not my display!

1RareFish;482737 wrote: got home to see my rainbow acan frag that I got from Rit just the other day getting eaten by my pep shrimp!!!!!!!!!! you hear that? a pep shrimp (i just cant win) I literally sat there for like 30 seconds and watched I could not believe it. Then they rush to the new acan frag I got tonight and did the same thing, needless to say I stopped that one before it got out of hand. they were not taking food from the acans they pulled tissue off and ate it. ok ok ok off my soap box for today.

That's weird!!!!

DrNecropolis;482399 wrote: I cussed at it and called it bad names..

The tank probably likes it.

I knocked off a bunch of salt creep and used mag floats on the smaller tanks. Then I stared at my empty 29g cube and LED lights. Water is still in my car. :up:

I've been in boston all week (at the airport now coming home) so I'm sure when I get home there will be plenty to do. I did install a ghetto ATO before I left. Ok so not an ATO but a 10 gal tank of fresh next to the sump with a cheap pump in it plugged in to a power strip. So my GF can hit the switch when needed til it hits the fill line. So its really a GTO (girlfriend top off)

Cleaned my skimmer. I've got it running really wet and have to empty it fairly often. Why is there such a sense of accomplishment when I empty my skimmer cup? All I did was adjust a gate valve and pay the electric bill. Also added a half dose of magnesium.

Today I cursed a lot when I realized hubby had changed my powerhead direction (with good intentions, as my leather looked sad), which blew sand all over the place and knocked my little tiny zoa rock over face down in the sand. Grrr. Fixed powerhead and corals.

OK here we go ;) Finally received my mag, calcium from BRS. Figured out how much to dose my tank to brink my levels back up to par! Also finished setting up my 20 as a frag tank....actually looks purddy good!

set up my 40 gallon breeder tank to day. putting the saltwater back in it now
from putting the sand and some rock in.

today i ripped out every single coral and piece of rock to try and find a dead box fish that I had no clue would send out poison in my tank, luckily or at least i hope I got the dead fish out of the tank before it hurt anything else and I learned my lesson about box fish!!!

lesson learned tank is happy and I am now drinking!!!! looking at my newly aquascaped tank!!

Happy Patty's Day!!

Topped all tanks off manually - last time hopefully, new aqualifters to arrive tomorrow!

That's about what I go thru, depending on the humidity and weather. Love the new RO/DI from Bulk Reef. No more hauling water. Gotta get my garage reorganized so I can run the RO into a trash can there. Already overflowed my 5 gal jug in the laundry room once. Brain Fart!

Fed the fish, watched them go crazy. Ran my tests. Finally getting Cal, Mag and Alk up to where it ought to be after the move. Topped off and dosed it. Cleaned the glass. Watched the new fish while watching Fox News. Also new Acro frags from frag night are doing well under the T-5's. Cool Beans!

Just hoped and prayed that nothing occurs to my tank while I'm in florida till Sunday....ATO is up and running and gave the tank a good feeding before I left....so keeping my fingers crossed till I get home!!!!!

rolo65;483484 wrote: Just hoped and prayed that nothing occurs to my tank while I'm in florida till Sunday....ATO is up and running and gave the tank a good feeding before I left....so keeping my fingers crossed till I get home!!!!!

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.. The tank is doomed and your going to come home to something horrible..

I swear, everytime I have to be gone for a few days in a row, the tank goblin comes out and ruins something.. I think it hangs out with the sock monster in the dryer..

Back