What wrong with my rabbit fish?

dough

Supporting
Reaction score
Sorry about the picture, but he is either in the rocks or under the overflow. And of course the batteries are almost dead and the kids have used all the spare batteries for who knows what.

Any way, my rabbit stopped eating last weekend and was pretty much hid all day long. I left for a 4 day business trip thinking he would be gone by now but he is still around but looks like 2 face from batman now. Half real dark and the other normal. Well he actually was eating tonight!

I would appreciate any help here.

Rabbit.jpg
alt="" />

Doug

from the picture he looks like he's in the dark! :)

Usually they're bothered by something/scared when they change colours like that.

Skriz;212472 wrote: from the picture he looks like he's in the dark! :)

Usually they're bothered by something/scared when they change colours like that.

Oh boy!

I've seen him/her turn blotchy when scared or bothered before but it is 100% change and does not last long, not this half and half all the time right now.

Raj, did Scott at Aquariumspecialty get ahold of you today? I was at his shop today and we discuss MACNA and he said he had to call ya.

yeah, Scott called me; it's all good!

How's his new place?

Skriz;212479 wrote: How's his new place?

Okay, it's in a new strip warehouse, slightly larger than Sam's, but not set up for walk in traffic like Sams place. As always Scott was busy. I wish I could have spent some time looking at BK and other stuff that was on the shelves. But then that is why we have MACNA.

I had a Orange spot rabbit do this to me a few months ago. He started hiding constantly and turned dark on me. Darker than their typical "blotchy" freaked out appearence, that lasted about a week. Then he stopped eating pretty much within a few days after that. Another few days and he was gone. I couldn't explain it as nothing had changed in the tank and to my knowledge nothing was pestering him. He was the largest fish in the system as well, so I don't know. If he is eating then you have a good chance though, good luck!

Thanks everyone. No nothing has changed in the tank. No rescaping, no new salt, nothin that I can think of.

I forget where I read it but I heard that these fish are prone to getting gastrinal blockages when they don't eat enough veggies. Sometimes it clears up on its own and sometimes it doesn't...

Back