Where can I find frozen mysis shrimp, like RIGHT NOW?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
Who sells it? I live in College Park near the airport, would prefer not to drive too terribly far.....

Thanks

I bought some from the Fish Store and More just yesterday. They had plenty more and it is on sale. Not too terribly far from you either, maybe 15 mins.

call aquarium showcase and petland alphretta and see if they have it. i know it is a little far but if you are going to sals party then it is close by.

OK, just left from FS&M, bought the Mysid Shrimp, it's not what I want either...... I'm looking for something to feed my bubble tip, what do you guys use?

Thanks

Dakota9;86938 wrote: OK, just left from FS&M, bought the Mysid Shrimp, it's not what I want either...... I'm looking for something to feed my bubble tip, what do you guys use?

Thanks

I feed mine Publix shrimps...

The best Mysis is by far Piscine Energetics mysis. I know Petland Dunwoody has some left, but I'm sure other stores have it too. It's whole mysis- legs, eyes, everything. They also collect it when it's feeding on plankton, so it's gut loaded. Also check the min. protein content of what you just bought. Piscine is 69.5% min protein. It's also packed with very little water, so you get a lot for your money.

Dakota9;86938 wrote: OK, just left from FS&M, bought the Mysid Shrimp, it's not what I want either...... I'm looking for something to feed my bubble tip, what do you guys use?

Thanks

If you got the small cubes, that'll work. I add a cube to a cup of tank water, wait for it to thaw and feed it to the GBTA's with a turkey baster. I also drop a bit onto my plate corals.

When I want to drop something into the tank for the clown to give to the GBTA, I use Publix Seafood Medley. Make sure you discard the cooked mussels. GBTA seems to like the octopus best, followed by the squid and the table shrimp. I cut the items up into small enough pieces for the clarkii to handle and he's good about taking 3-4 pieces over to his GBTA and tucking them in among the tentacles. I've also used silversides (left-over eel food), but the GBTA is not as fond of them. Serpent star usually ends up nabbing those readily enough.

Is that the Clarkii you got from me? He was always so good about anemone maintance

When I feed my fish I use Prime Reef Flakes, I hold the larger flakes in the water the clown comes up gets a large piece than feeds it to the GBTA. He'll do that a few times before it will start eating. The BTA quickly devours the flakes. The clown gets upset when I feed the BTA some Krill by hand it usually will go in pull the Krill out then go back in a feeds the BTA again. It's quite funny to watch him care for it.

Dakota9;87017 wrote: Is that the Clarkii you got from me? He was always so good about anemone maintance

Yes, same Clarkii. We've named him Clarkii Kent. He's great about taking food into the phone booth....

Nada on the flake food, between the spot my hand has to go in and the BTA, theres a rip tide that blows the food away..... Oh, I'll turn off the pump and try again!

The Bta is holding the food, but its not been established yet if this clone has grown a mouth yet either, so I may be jumping the gun.

Linda, you got the real BTA, I got the tiny lil clone......

Dakota9;87048 wrote: The Bta is holding the food, but its not been established yet if this clone has grown a mouth yet either, so I may be jumping the gun.

Linda, you got the real BTA, I got the tiny lil clone......

Nope. I have a GPTA the size of a cantalope.

Loren has yours.

Wooooaaaaaa!!!!!! that was a joke, I swear, I'd never mean something like that.....

{Please Please don't calll the moderators!!!!!!!!!

[Snickers]

okay, we can go back to the original deal. All I really wanted was the Bi-Guy (who is quite the social butterfly in my tank, by the way). I can return the rock and the anemone. Easy Peasy. Can bring both to the meeting Tuesday night.

One minor problem. The anemone is now on the move. He's now actually on the underside of a rock that is the ceiling of a deep cave in Loren's tank. I don't know why he'd go in there or when he'll come out.

Back