Where to get bulk Cycloeeze?

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
I havent been able to find the frozen stuff anywhere. Anyone know where I can get some? Preferably in the huge bulk pack.

i ordered enough to get free shipping from marine depot last year. .. haha it comes in 3 lb bags I think.

Im actually looking for a few lbs to mix into my bulk food. And it looks like they dont have it anymore either. Only thing I have found is the mysis twin packs.

From my understanding no one can harvest these anymore. The single location in the Arctic where they are harvested is no longer a viable source to harvest. They are usually harvested seasonally and I'm not sure if the changing weather has to with it or not. Also to my understanding any Cyclop Eeze that has been purchased in the last 2-3 years is more then likely old frozen stock that websites like Dr.Fosters and BRS had left over.

Every brand that I have personally called that used to carry them says they no longer do and they have no future plans to re-stock at this time. So at this time do not expect for this food to ever come back to our hobby. I gave up looking for it about a year ago now.

Here is a Reef Builder's article written on it in 2014... funny they talk about how we should feel a shortage on the food for a couple of years... well it's 2017 and it is definitely all good =(

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/08/future-supply-cyclopeeze-guaranteed/#">https://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/08/future-supply-cyclopeeze-guaranteed/#</a>

Also keep in mind that PE stopped making the twin packs of Mysis/Cyclopeeze a good while ago. The cylopeeze shortage is actually what forced them to switch over to Calnus instead. So any Mysis/Cylopeeze packs still found online will be 2+ year old stock imo.

Interesting, looks like calanus is the new stuff. Found a 16 oz flat pack so Im good to go.

We use calanus at the GA Aquarium since cyclopeeze is no longer available. Seems like a suitable substitute. They also make it in a large block but I'm not sure where that comes from.

If you happen to find out where to get the big blocks, please let me know. Its a great ingredient to my DIY food.

EnderG60;1109654 wrote: If you happen to find out where to get the big blocks, please let me know. Its a great ingredient to my DIY food.

I see what is available out there for bulk Calnus and let you guys know. PE might off large flat packs similar to the 40oz Mysis packs they offer.

Back